Different Google Accounts: Buy /activate+use

This is a discussion on Different Google Accounts: Buy /activate+use within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi all. I live in Denmark, and cannot order a phone from here. Well, a good friend of mine in UK is helping me. Shes ...

Thread: Different Google Accounts: Buy /activate+use

Question Different Google Accounts: Buy /activate+use

Hi all.

I live in Denmark, and cannot order a phone from here. Well, a good friend of mine in UK is helping me. Shes ordering the phone and ill pick it up from her, but - and here comes my question - is a problem that she is buying it from HER google account, and i want to activate it (and use it) with MY google account?

Any help appriciated
    / Lasse

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

No, I don't believe it will be a problem.

When you first start the phone you provide the account details you want the phone to know; it doesn't come pre-configured, and it doesn't verify what you provide against anything related to the order as far as I could tell (and, from a distribution efficiency point of view, this makes sense).

Will not be a problem. I ordered my husband's from my account and he set up his gmail account when it arrived.

I LOVE my Nexus One:

One caveat. What ever account you use as the "primary" or first account to set up your phone is the one that apps you purchase will be associated with. I found this out the hard way when I did a hard reset and all the Android apps I purchased on my personal Gmail accounts failed to appear. They are all associated with my Work Google Apps for Domains account which is going away soon. I'm soooo pissed off cuz Google is passing the buck between the Nexus One team and the Google Store team! Despite the fact that all my apps are obviously purchased on my Google account, my only recourse is to have each vendor fix it manually by refunding my purchase and letting me repurchase the app.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links