What do you LIKE about the Nexus One??

This is a discussion on What do you LIKE about the Nexus One?? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Just got the NX1 (I guess thats what your calling it here). There is a lot to learn since I am coming off a Blackberry. ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you LIKE about the Nexus One??

What I Like

Just got the NX1 (I guess thats what your calling it here). There is a lot to learn since I am coming off a Blackberry. So far this is what I think.

Google Applications like Docs, email deliver what the Blackberry and previous phones had promised but failed. My boss sent me a PDF the other night and wham there it was, zoom in zoom out, move around the beautiful screen. Clear and usable. Google Docs are the same. Easy to edit, view. I would do small changes but not use it for a lot of work.

Attachments like quotes from vendors are fantastic.

Google Maps I am still playing with, but I compared it to the one in my car (iWay500 5 years old) and it was right on track. Street view was right on as well.

10,000 Apps Vs 100,000 apps. Some Apps are just stupid. picking 10-15 out 10K should be no problem.

More info to come as I road test this wonderful device.

Besides my couple complaints (even though i know there is no phone that will reach exactly what I want unless I design it) I love how its almost a mobile computer, the notification bar at top the the google maps (use that A LOT!) how much more better and faster it is then my G1. Honestly If the battery would add an extra hour or 2 this phone would be king. Keeps me occupied while I'm waiting in places, do need to rely on text only for entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by kevindaledavis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gr8gorilla View Post
    So tell me what you like about your new phone!
    The lightness, much lighter than other smartphones even the iPhone. The texture and sturdiness, it feels good to hold it. The size is right. NO SLIDING FLIPPING KEYBOARD plus, the software doesn't need a hard keyboard. Battery life seems good. Good selection of applications plus I can throw together simple apps for myself.
    How do you throw together simple apps for yourself?

The ultimate thing that I love about my N1 is the fact that it is backed by a company that is open, honest, and is always looking to give the customer added value (example: Google Maps Navigation - free).

Coming from an iPhone 3gs I always felt like the phone just had so many flaws it ruined the experience. Who the hell was Apple to not put in a user removable battery? Who were they to tell me I couldn't have an emulator on my phone? Who were they to tell me I couldn't tether? Who were they to make a non-matte back that could scratch easily? Who were they to block google voice? Who were they to not have a damn flash for their camera? Who were they to block flash? Who were they to lock the phone with ATT and not give their customers an option on carriers?

The N1 fixed all of these problems for me. The fact that Google is a customer oriented company (unlike Apple) made the N1 purchase an absolute must. Its the perfect phone for me.

I was a die hard BB user and was waiting for something like this from Android. I tried out the Cliq back in last Nov and hated it. It was bulky, awkward and the battery life was horrible.

When this phone came out I did tons of research and waited 3 months or so to take the jump. Yes, it did hurt to drop $570 to get a phone, but I am glad I did it.

The phone is easy to hold, feels good in your hand and is not bulky at all. The keyboard is actually very accurate and 98% of the time I really enjoying typing on it. I can type just as fast as I did on my BB, if not faster.

The flexibility of the phone is insane. The ability to customize just about anything while keeping all the functionality is a huge plus. Navigation is awesome and the google integration is exactly why I moved to Android. The app store is amazing as well, only bad thing is trying to keep up with all the new apps.

Web browsing, streaming video and music and basically having a PC at my fingertips is amazing.

There are a few issues I have with the few (mostly minor and can be fixed with software updates), but I would say that this is by far the best phone I have ever owned. I just hope that the media buzz about the Nexus One being a "dead superphone" or "epic google fail" goes away and Google decides to hook us up in some way. Yes we are a small user base, yes most of us paid a lot for this phone and went out on a limb, but I am really hoping against hope that Google makes sure that we are the first to get new updates or some other bonus/perk.

The N1 is a great phone and I am glad to own it.

I love everything about it. Here's a list off the top of my head:

- it's not locked to Apple and their "1984" overwatchers
    - it looks beautiful
    - the amoled screen is fantastic
    - form factor is perfect
    - replaceable (and cheap) batteries
    - call quality (thanks to the noise-cancellation 2nd mic)
    - rollerball
    - great camera
    - GPS
    - 3G
    - wifi
    - movement sensor
    - Android 2.1 and a 50,000+ app market
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

how well does the noise cancellation mics work?

Quote Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
    Besides my couple complaints (even though i know there is no phone that will reach exactly what I want unless I design it) I love how its almost a mobile computer, the notification bar at top the the google maps (use that A LOT!) how much more better and faster it is then my G1. Honestly If the battery would add an extra hour or 2 this phone would be king. Keeps me occupied while I'm waiting in places, do need to rely on text only for entertainment.
    Bought myself an extra battery for $25US and battery life is not an issue for me.

but what I would like to see is what people like, about the new "Super Phone"!
    It's not an Iphone !

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    how well does the noise cancellation mics work?
    I haven't done any special tests, it'll be interesting to see if anyone has and youtube'd it. All I can say is that I made a call from outside on the day I got it and the recipient said she couldn't believe I was on a mobile. It sounded to her as if I was indoors on a landline phone in a quiet room :rofl3:
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links