What do you LIKE about the Nexus One??

This is a discussion on What do you LIKE about the Nexus One?? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by dd4005 Originally Posted by Frank how well does the noise cancellation mics work? I haven't done any special tests, it'll be interesting ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you LIKE about the Nexus One??

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    how well does the noise cancellation mics work?
    I haven't done any special tests, it'll be interesting to see if anyone has and youtube'd it. All I can say is that I made a call from outside on the day I got it and the recipient said she couldn't believe I was on a mobile. It sounded to her as if I was indoors on a landline phone in a quiet room :rofl3:
    I work at McCarren Airport here in Vegas..I work ramp with MD 80's. Wife called and I was at mid baggage compartment (about middle of the plane) outside with the enigine running..answered the phone.. talked to her a bit.. asked her if she could hear the engine in the background and she said what engine. So thats a good test for noise cancellation.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Munchausen View Post
    I work at McCarren Airport here in Vegas..I work ramp with MD 80's. Wife called and I was at mid baggage compartment (about middle of the plane) outside with the enigine running..answered the phone.. talked to her a bit.. asked her if she could hear the engine in the background and she said what engine. So thats a good test for noise cancellation.
    Love it :rofl3:

I guess the ultimate test is to call someone from a noisy place (like your example) and have them record the conversation. Doing this from a regular cellphone and again from the Nexus. I don't know if the noise-cancellation can be turned off but that would also be a good test. Simply turning it off.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Munchausen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    how well does the noise cancellation mics work?
    I haven't done any special tests, it'll be interesting to see if anyone has and youtube'd it. All I can say is that I made a call from outside on the day I got it and the recipient said she couldn't believe I was on a mobile. It sounded to her as if I was indoors on a landline phone in a quiet room :rofl3:
    Yeah the noise cancellation works great! I was at a St. Louis Cardinals game the other day and got a phone call, with all the crowd noises and everything else that was going on, all they heard was me.

I'm gonna make a test tomorrow. I still have my previous phone (Nokia N95-3) and I'm gonna call my home phone and have it set to speaker and record a test call. Then I'll try the same with my Nexus1. I'll have some music going in the background or something. Identical scenarios, we'll see how the noise-cancellation does.

It's all very well hearing anecdotes (like my one) but we want a direct comparison with and without. That should be interesting.
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

that would be a good test when you do it you should post it up on here

that would be a good test when you do it you should post it up on here
    Well, I tried. It really didn't go well though. The only way to record the sound that my landline phone was hearing was to put it on speakerphone (tinny little built-in speaker) and record that sound via a pocket camera (tiny little built-in mic). You could barely even tell the difference and both sounded terrible.

We need someone with the capability of recording what they're hearing in high quality. This setup below isn't it.

What do I like about my nexus one? Everything!
    My previous phone was Samsung Katalyst (had it for 2 years) and that was my best phone .. so you see the big picture here.
    Love the screen, the apps, the shape of it, the smell of it ...

Quote Originally Posted by nomak View Post
    Love the smell of it ...
    Huh? the SMELL of it?!

I love my N1, There isnt anything it doesnt do for me.....I'm not one of theses people that look for the problems with a phone, I use it for what I need and If I come across a problem with the apps and programs that I use then So be It, but for a cell phone and something to help pass my time when I'm in boring meetings, doctors appointments, Etc..., It gets the Job Done.....T-Mobile's service could always be better but hey can't have everything working perfectly LOLI don't there is a phone better, The Incredible is O.K., but hardware design wise Verizon phones are just ugly.

I think the only thing about this phone I'm really worried about is that it's considered the "developer phone", or how google is supposed to push the updates to this phone first, since it's the ideal for android OS hardware. We get all the bugs and whatnot, but at the same time most everyone else is still in the dark when it comes to Froyo. HA!

With regards to the media buzz about it being a failure, I bet Apple, AT&T, Verizon, and a couple other companies had something to do with that... The N1 has only been rivaled recently by the HTC Evo (Sprint) which ALSO runs on Android. The up-sides are the bigger screen, comparable battery life, and still-manageable size. The down-sides are expected with any carrier-supplied phone, that being the proprietary base underneath the OS (i.e. Motorola's Motoblur).

Seriously though, I have no complaints. There are a few bugs here or there but I'm very satisfied with my purchase. With living on campus when there's wifi everywhere, I don't see why I would need a data plan either!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links