For people experiencing bad battery life...

This is a discussion on For people experiencing bad battery life... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; yeah, it can be pretty informative as far as resource usage goes......

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For people experiencing bad battery life...

yeah, it can be pretty informative as far as resource usage goes...

I noticed that its possible to change font size with it, but the phone doesnt remember the setting. I swear Ive seen font size in the default android settings or is this in my imagination? Would like to reduce the size.

Great info here, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Quantic View Post
    I noticed that its possible to change font size with it, but the phone doesnt remember the setting. I swear Ive seen font size in the default android settings or is this in my imagination? Would like to reduce the size.
    Unfortunately, i think this has never actually been a supported feature of Spare Parts: Spare Parts app can no longer change the font size globally - android-platform | Google Groups

Plus it hasn't been updated since October 28th 2009...technically it's really not 2.1, let alone 2.0 ready! Still good for some stuff though.

Hi everyone. I have my Nexus One since the day after launch and I'm having some sort of battery issue. The iPhone (my previous phone) has taught me alot about battery conservation, so I know to turn off GPS, Wifi, and even Google Sync when not in use. So...my issue...

I notice that after my battery hits 100% after a full charge and I start using it, the next percentage that it goes to is 98%, or even straight to 97% sometimes. The usage really is minimal. Besides turning off all the aforementioned antennas, I have calibrated the battery about 5 times thus far (charging to 100% and letting it run down till shutoff). I have had the unit replaced by HTC due to a faulty speaker and am getting the same issues on this second one, so it's either software or battery.

I installed Spare Parts app and followed the steps on page 1 of the thread, nothing happening though. No crazy blue bars, and I even disabled the default Messaging app and installed Handcent (which is way better anyway). Because HTC has no accessories yet (read spare batteries), they have instructed me to send back this unit as DOA, get a refund, and order a brand new phone. Truthfully I'm getting tired of this online crap, sending back and forth. Waste of time.

Is anyone else experiencing what I have? Thanks much for your replies!
    Allen

Quote Originally Posted by allen099 View Post
    Hi everyone. I have my Nexus One since the day after launch and I'm having some sort of battery issue. The iPhone (my previous phone) has taught me alot about battery conservation, so I know to turn off GPS, Wifi, and even Google Sync when not in use. So...my issue...

I notice that after my battery hits 100% after a full charge and I start using it, the next percentage that it goes to is 98%, or even straight to 97% sometimes. The usage really is minimal. Besides turning off all the aforementioned antennas, I have calibrated the battery about 5 times thus far (charging to 100% and letting it run down till shutoff). I have had the unit replaced by HTC due to a faulty speaker and am getting the same issues on this second one, so it's either software or battery.

I installed Spare Parts app and followed the steps on page 1 of the thread, nothing happening though. No crazy blue bars, and I even disabled the default Messaging app and installed Handcent (which is way better anyway). Because HTC has no accessories yet (read spare batteries), they have instructed me to send back this unit as DOA, get a refund, and order a brand new phone. Truthfully I'm getting tired of this online crap, sending back and forth. Waste of time.

Allen

The screen takes up about 50% of the battery. Having the amoled screen, and the moving backgrounds seems to just suck the battery dry.

I also, set these settings, (turning off all connections, turning down brightness). I also even switched from the beautiful live backgrounds to a regular wallpaper, turned my brightness down to 10%.

After using my nexus for a good 5 hours, I checked the battery usage, and the DISPLAY showed 70% of battery usage! This was with MINIMAL usage! So it seems like if you are looking for very very long battery life, having a amoled screen isn't helpful. -___-;;;
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

I just checked my phone right before it died on me and i had 15 Hours, 34 Minutes and 22 seconds. I think that is substantial enough. Considering ive been using it like crazy all day and didn't tweak anything to make it last longer.
    Microsoft Product Adviser
    :nexusx:Android Developer

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    The screen takes up about 50% of the battery. Having the amoled screen, and the moving backgrounds seems to just suck the battery dry.

I also, set these settings, (turning off all connections, turning down brightness). I also even switched from the beautiful live backgrounds to a regular wallpaper, turned my brightness down to 10%.

After using my nexus for a good 5 hours, I checked the battery usage, and the DISPLAY showed 70% of battery usage! This was with MINIMAL usage! So it seems like if you are looking for very very long battery life, having a amoled screen isn't helpful. -___-;;;
    Well, the interesting thing there is that AMOLED actually takes up less battery than conventional TFT screen, at least in all the various tests. Personally, I disabled the live wallpaper as soon as I turned the phone on and also set the display to auto-brightness. I found that it's pretty dim as it is (on auto).

The reason I think the battery is an issue is because when I put the phone in Airplane Mode, the battery still ticks down with nothing going on! All the radios are off, screen is fairly dark..so it's just weird. Nothing appears abnormal either. I also used a Task Manager/Killer to kill most of the tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allen099 View Post

Allen

I thought having a amoled was suppose to be better than a regular screen as it didnt use that much power.

Quote Originally Posted by serialtoon View Post
    I just checked my phone right before it died on me and i had 15 Hours, 34 Minutes and 22 seconds. I think that is substantial enough. Considering ive been using it like crazy all day and didn't tweak anything to make it last longer.
    I can only sit and pray for that. I got 6 hours yesterday. I'd be satisfied with 15 hours...I've grown accustomed to the fact we'll have to charge smartphones nightly.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links