For people experiencing bad battery life...

This is a discussion on For people experiencing bad battery life... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hmmm its a conspiracy to drain all our batteries to death! But who doesn't charge their phone every night? I haven't NOT plugged my phone ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: For people experiencing bad battery life...

Hmmm its a conspiracy to drain all our batteries to death!

But who doesn't charge their phone every night? I haven't NOT plugged my phone in every night..... probably since I first got a cellphone years and years ago? Unless I don't have access to a charger... who wouldn't want to start their day with a fully charged device?
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Every Blackberry that I had (from the Bold going backwards to the first 3-line screen in 1998) lasted me for at least 2 days, and many times even 3. I understand the screen wasn't as good, etc etc, but it was a smartphone and it did last. Since the iPhone though, maybe even the Sidekick, phew. Gone in one day.

Also I don't think people want to actually drain their batteries on purpose. It apparently just seems to happen :-P

Quote Originally Posted by allen099 View Post
    Every Blackberry that I had (from the Bold going backwards to the first 3-line screen in 1998) lasted me for at least 2 days, and many times even 3. I understand the screen wasn't as good, etc etc, but it was a smartphone and it did last. Since the iPhone though, maybe even the Sidekick, phew. Gone in one day.

Also I don't think people want to actually drain their batteries on purpose. It apparently just seems to happen :-P
    Ah...

The days when phones had buttons, and the batteries lasted for more than 6 hours. :rofl3:

I think you have to take the battery life for what it is. Try to maximize the life by using the optimal settings for your usage. If you are a heavy user without access to a comp/outlet to charge the device for long periods, you should invest in a extra battery, or a battery charging brick.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    Ah...

The days when phones had buttons, and the batteries lasted for more than 6 hours. :rofl3:

I think you have to take the battery life for what it is. Try to maximize the life by using the optimal settings for your usage. If you are a heavy user without access to a comp/outlet to charge the device for long periods, you should invest in a extra battery, or a battery charging brick.
    Sure, I was actually going to buy another battery when it became available. But there has to be a reasonable time period for the battery too. Huge difference between 6 hours and 15 hours, as someone else got with similar usage to me. I understand the likeliness that something is defective is low, since these aren't the first batteries ever produced, but there needs to be a compromise. I won't walk around with 3 batteries in my bag just to get me through the day.

I may do what HTC recommends, which is send it back under DOA and get my refund...and then perhaps wait until issues are settled (with T-Mo 3G dropping, etc.); maybe at that point I'll re-buy it again. Ah, the price we pay as early adopters :-)

I don't think I can get through a day without charging, so maybe I'll try the fix you guys mentioned. Really, what doesn't make sense is that it will only last through the day if I don't touch the thing, so what's the point of a smartphone you shouldn't be using.

I would personally love a FATTER phone that will last multiple days (well, a day of much heavier use). I can't believe how small the battery is, and I see it doesn't work well for most of us. I have been extremely disappointed with the battery life on this awesome phone, especially with what was supposed to be a low power consumption on the AMOLED screen.

The guy on that forum posts:

1) Turn off the “Always-on” mobile data connection.

On the Home screen, select Menu => Settings => Wireless controls => Mobile network settings and de-select “Enable always-on mobile data”. This tweak probably has the biggest impact on battery life.

What the heck is he talking about? The menus are a named a little different and I don't have that option under my Mobile Network options. Anyone know how to do this in the n1?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    The guy on that forum posts:

1) Turn off the “Always-on” mobile data connection.

On the Home screen, select Menu => Settings => Wireless controls => Mobile network settings and de-select “Enable always-on mobile data”. This tweak probably has the biggest impact on battery life.

What the heck is he talking about? The menus are a named a little different and I don't have that option under my Mobile Network options. Anyone know how to do this in the n1?
    Even if this does work, surely it defeats the whole purpose of a device of this type?

Having 3G on all the time drains your battery very fast.

I tell you what would be great. If it was possible to turn 3G off unless the phone is active.

e.g. while the phone is in your pocket and only using internet to get emails, gtalk etc its using edge but when you take the phone out of sleep it goes to 3g?

EDIT: In fact, I wonder if it would be possible to turn bluetooth, wifi, 3G all off unless the screen is on?

Some other HTC phones have the capability to turn 3G off and continue to function on the default setting but at a lower speed.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links