For people experiencing bad battery life...

This is a discussion on For people experiencing bad battery life... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Wifi does disconnect when the screen goes off. Or at least it should. I've set an option in one of my apps to keep it ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: For people experiencing bad battery life...

Wifi does disconnect when the screen goes off. Or at least it should. I've set an option in one of my apps to keep it alive if it's downloading, therefore I assume the default is that it would disconnect.

ok wow. I have been tweaking my settings each day and somehow, today ive got 83% battery left. That is after 7am-6.18pm...

I might be wrong but im sure the battery gets better after about 3/4 full charges.

Lately i been getting pretty decent battery my self. lasting me more than the full day but it its always minor use, just heavy text.

I just installed a different task manager app called TaskPanel (before I had Advanced Task Killer), and whereas before my Battery Health showed as Good, I now see it as Excellent. This is after about 9 days with the phone or so. I wonder if it will last more now. What does your battery health show, if you have a task manager app?

Ah ive worked out what it is - turning off GPS greatly increases battery. Try it for a day

I've turned off live wallpapers and my battery life seems to have lengthened immediately.

Turning off live wallpapers helped me a lot too, which sucks because I this starfield LW...
    Rooted Nexus One

I'm sure its a combination of a lot of things..high brightness for one..keeping wifi on can drain battery life
    .also I know on the pre keeping the GPS on drained a lot of battery life

I can confirm that live wallpapers are a battery hog, I have now got more than 36 hours out of my battery without recharging (light usage).

nsm
    Do any of you guys use email and have this setup to receive at interval or push?
    I have been using my Nexus One for 5 days now with 2 accounts to setup to receive hourly and 1 push exchange account.

I have not installed any other product yet and everything is off; and when i say everything:

Brightness - lowest possible setting.
    Wifi Off
    GPS Off
    BT off
    Only using EDGE - I have turned 3G Off
    Sync Off

My battery would not get me though the day - not even close - and would occasionally heat up a random times of the day.

All my 3 email accounts work fine - but a few times now when I went in to 'Email' the circular loading icon was just going round and round indefinitely - so clearly trying to do something but not successfully. I summised that it was doing this for hours and hours at times and would drain the battery.
    Note: I am using the stock email app (not sure if there is another one available)

I have today turned off the interval for all my email accounts and stopped push. So I will know today whether the email app is my culprit.

Some of you may be thinking that at the times when the loading icon is going round and round that I do not have data access - as this would make sense - but I do as I can use my browser - and things like facebook, etc...

Also, all 3 accounts are working fine from a PC - so unlikely to be email server related.

Any thoughts?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links