For people experiencing bad battery life...

This is a discussion on For people experiencing bad battery life... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; While I'm in a similar situation as you where the battery doesn't last a day, I don't feel my phone randomly heating up. That says ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: For people experiencing bad battery life...

While I'm in a similar situation as you where the battery doesn't last a day, I don't feel my phone randomly heating up. That says that something is being used in the background possibly. Try installing the Spare Parts app, where you can go into the Battery History and see what is using the battery in the "Partial Wake Usage" dropdown. Perhaps that can help explain a few things. Also have you tried a factory reset?

My settings are like yours, with my Gmail Sync on for one account (only email & contacts) and 2 regular email accounts polling at 30 minutes each.

Cell Standby

I've noticed that on several occasions, that "Cell Standby" (or something like that) has been the biggest power drain. How do I avoid that? It has been on days where I haven't even made any phonecalls. Wha?

Wierd, my Cell standby has always been low, at about %2.
    Rooted Nexus One

If your phone is on stanby most of the time course that has taken most of the battery.

nsm
    Quote Originally Posted by allen099 View Post
    While I'm in a similar situation as you where the battery doesn't last a day, I don't feel my phone randomly heating up. That says that something is being used in the background possibly. Try installing the Spare Parts app, where you can go into the Battery History and see what is using the battery in the "Partial Wake Usage" dropdown. Perhaps that can help explain a few things. Also have you tried a factory reset?

My settings are like yours, with my Gmail Sync on for one account (only email & contacts) and 2 regular email accounts polling at 30 minutes each.
    Thanks for the advice allen. I actually turned off email checking on all 3 accounts and have used the phone normally today. So far 15 hours since last charge and I am on 46%.

I have installed spare parts now and will re-activate email probably tomorrow now - and will check.

It seems like th stock email application is causing problems for me.

How do you perform a factory reset - and do you think this will help?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nsm View Post
    Thanks for the advice allen. I actually turned off email checking on all 3 accounts and have used the phone normally today. So far 15 hours since last charge and I am on 46%.

I have installed spare parts now and will re-activate email probably tomorrow now - and will check.

Thanks
    Factory reset may help, but I'd see tomorrow first after you reactivate Email. To reset the phone (and you will lose everything that is NOT on your SD card), open up Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset

Do post your findings tmrw, I'm definitely curious. Also consider downloading a task manager app (my fave right now is TaskPanel) and see what's running in the background. You can quit apps simply by tapping them.

Whomever said background apps don't use battery was lieing. I have found that making sure all yellow apps in taskiller are closed helps a lot. I got 19 hours today and I was at 40ish percent.

nsm
    Quote Originally Posted by allen099 View Post

Thanks
    Factory reset may help, but I'd see tomorrow first after you reactivate Email. To reset the phone (and you will lose everything that is NOT on your SD card), open up Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset

Do post your findings tmrw, I'm definitely curious. Also consider downloading a task manager app (my fave right now is TaskPanel) and see what's running in the background. You can quit apps simply by tapping them.
    Hi, So it is definitely the email program causing the issues for me. I re-enabled only 1 account - and at random the email program decided to stop working and going into it just gave me the loading sign. Also checking in spare parts - it shows email right up there as a heavy hitter.
    Also, the battery went down super fast.

Not quite sure how to fix the stock email program - apart from your advice on the factory reset.

Hi, So it is definitely the email program causing the issues for me. I re-enabled only 1 account - and at random the email program decided to stop working and going into it just gave me the loading sign. Also checking in spare parts - it shows email right up there as a heavy hitter.
    Also, the battery went down super fast.

Not quite sure how to fix the stock email program - apart from your advice on the factory reset.
    I'm not quite sure either besides trying to perhaps remove the email accounts and see if it's still eating battery. Afterwards add one at a time, and perhaps increase the refresh rate to 30 mins or greater. If this doesn't work, Factory Reset is the way to go. The issue you're having appears to be software-related, so I'm fairly confident that a reset will resolve it.

Had the same battery problem but solved now.

For the first few days after I started using the Nexus One, the battery life was horrible. Probably only lasted 8 hours without much use (<1 hr talk, almost no web browsing.) Searching the web didn't seem to be very helpful either as most battery saving tips didn't help much.

So I called T-Mobile, my mobile carrier, and the rep updated my account by "provisioning my account to use the Nexus One phone". Then suddenly, my phone's battery life extended drastically (no kidding, it's about at least 3-times longer than before.)

If your Nexus One's battery life seems terrible, try to call your carrier and tell them you have the Nexus One phone and they will provision your account for it. Hope it helps!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links