For people experiencing bad battery life...

This is a discussion on For people experiencing bad battery life... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by hughhall So I called T-Mobile, my mobile carrier, and the rep updated my account by "provisioning my account to use the Nexus ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: For people experiencing bad battery life...

Quote Originally Posted by hughhall View Post
    So I called T-Mobile, my mobile carrier, and the rep updated my account by "provisioning my account to use the Nexus One phone". Then suddenly, my phone's battery life extended drastically (no kidding, it's about at least 3-times longer than before.)
    What does this actually mean? What (at t-mobils end) could they do to alter how much battery your phone uses?

Quote Originally Posted by fabkebab View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hughhall View Post
    So I called T-Mobile, my mobile carrier, and the rep updated my account by "provisioning my account to use the Nexus One phone". Then suddenly, my phone's battery life extended drastically (no kidding, it's about at least 3-times longer than before.)
    What does this actually mean? What (at t-mobils end) could they do to alter how much battery your phone uses?
    I don't know much about GSM, but most likely answer is...

There are various codes for features you use on your phone, like for your SMS, data, voice, voicemail or whatever else it is you add on your phone from their end. More than likely they updated some of the codes to work with an Android phone. Possibly, they have newer codes specifically for the Nexus one. I wouldn't ask a regular CSR, they usually don't know WTF they are talking about, and will either make something up or explain it so poorly it makes no sense. A good tech rep will probably be able to explain it to you, but it's hard to even get a someone good from tech support now a days it seems like.

This leads me to wonder if there are maybe some better SOCs(Service Order Code, the codes that specify features enabled on your phone) that they could put onto my ATT account that would maybe help me with battery life. Or if there is anything else .....

Apparently when you turn on your phone, it downloads some kind of configurations, which instruct the phone how to communicate with the cellular network. I'm not a cellular technician so I can't tell you what exactly happened. But if your battery life is terrible then it's just another option that may help.

I'd have to agree that after around 5 cycles, the battery life would start increasing ...

For all those nexus one owners: Here is the procedure how to improve the battery life:

For 3 days you need to charge overnight and it goes like this:

Day one: Use the battery completely to such a stage that Nexus One wont start at all.
    Then just plug the wall charger and leave it overnight. Remember not to switch on. Leave it overnight even after you see the green light.

Day Two: Switch it ON in the morning but do not use it immediately. Leave the phone for 5 minutes and then start using.

Repeat the overnight charging on day 2 and day 3 also. For day 2 and day 3 there is no need to drain the battery before charging.

And on 4th day...you will see your battery is like gold. It will give you at least 12 hours battery life with medium use.

Quote Originally Posted by rbacosta View Post
    I'd have to agree that after around 5 cycles, the battery life would start increasing ...
    Maybe it was a coincidence but I seriously doubt it. The morning before I called T-Mobile to provision my account for Nexus One, my battery was draining at a rate about 12-15% per hour. Then I called T-Mobile during lunch and after they did that, the battery life improved right after I rebooted my phone and the drain rate was down to about 5% per hour. I don't think the charge cycle will cause the battery life to change suddenly in the middle of the day.

So I have been following this thread. My battery life has been horrible after full charge it lasted 12 hours and it was dead. Here is what I did installed hancent killed message app turned display down running pasma live wallpaper with grey smoke I have weather widget donate with clock and weather, batterylife widget and genie widget. I run advanced task manager and kill all apps except what I have running widget wise the last time I charged was fri. night and I have 55% batt left
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Well I am going to have to agree with what other people are saying - when I first got the phone, the battery life was poor, but after a week it seems to last a lot longer than it did when new (perhaps I am using it less though!)

Extending the Battery Life of your [Android] Smartphone | Just Another Mobile Monday

My take away-
    Try to keep your battery between 30%-50%

Drain your battery (till auto shutdown) only when requiring battery calibration... About once a month
    Cheers!

Tweak to help battery life

No is mentioning the famous "turn the WiFi sleep policy to NEVER"...
    This seems to help dramatically - I think - for any Adroid device..
    Anybody concur ??

(doesn't sound logical - i.e. - one would think that sleeping the WiFi would enhance battery life....)

Google - WTF ?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links