Nexus One Update or New Batch?

This is a discussion on Nexus One Update or New Batch? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Androidfan74 What does hardware problem differ from software problem? Not sure what yer askin... If yer asking in general, what the difference ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nexus One Update or New Batch?

Quote Originally Posted by Androidfan74 View Post
    What does hardware problem differ from software problem?
    Not sure what yer askin...

If yer asking in general, what the difference is between a hardware problem and a software problem:

Hardware problem is as it implies, a physical, hardware problem. For example, if all the pictures you take come out blurry because of the actual lens (not the software/firmware that controls the camera), then that's a hardware problem.

Software problem can easily be described as a 'glitch', or 'bug'. These are remedied by updates.

The difference between the two is that in the camera example, a physical replacement of the lens is required for it to be 'fixed'. Software problems as mentioned, are fixed through updates of the software/firmware.

Like I mentioned, IF there is some kind of a hardware problem, theres still no guarantee that the next batch or future batches are corrected. Software fixes don't really matter what batch yer from.

Honestly, I'd really not give too much thought in to batches... it really does not apply to the Nexus One (right now).

Aight i got everything your saying makes complete sense. Thanks for your time. Another question (ya i got/get a bunch) what do you mean batches dont matter for the Nexus One right now what difference would it make now or later?

A hardware issue is when a piece of hardware is defective such as the screen or a board in the phone. A software issue is a software that has bugs that can be fixed with an update.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidfan74 View Post
    Aight i got everything your saying makes complete sense. Thanks for your time. Another question (ya i got/get a bunch) what do you mean batches dont matter for the Nexus One right now what difference would it make now or later?
    It won't matter in a sense that no hardware problem has been found that is found by endusers (us) or the manufacturer (HTC), yet. So in that sense, even if there is a new batch, if the manufacturer doesn't explicitly say "Hey, there's a hardware problem; but the future batches are fixed." then there's really no point in holding out.

Ringer Volume

I received my phone on Jan. 6th, and all is going O.K. I would like to see some higher volume on the ringer, It's way short now imho....

If you wait for an update the only thing your going to get is the new phone with the update, as is everyone else. Everything inside the phone is going to stay the same. So whether you wait or not it won't matter. Your just going to have to wait a lot longer just to get your hands on it :P

I got my phone today, and I love it. I still haven't really figured out most of it but oh well

to everyone who replied thank you and i shall respond when i get my nexus one. if i remember that is lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links