Nexus One Update or New Batch?

This is a discussion on Nexus One Update or New Batch? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I was wondering if a new batch is going to come out? I want to purchase one really bad and as much as I love ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One Update or New Batch?

Nexus One Update or New Batch?

I was wondering if a new batch is going to come out? I want to purchase one really bad and as much as I love this phone, I dont want to spend a lot of money on a phone that has a lot of flaws. Overall I believe its an iPhone killer. I am just wondering if theres a new batch of Nexus One coming out where it has fixed bugs and all that or if they are going to release an update on the phone anytime soon.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Latest Update

When I received my Nexus it needed an update. Right now it is running
    V2.1
    Build ERD79

No bugs that I can see but still running it through.

Same build here. Haven't had any major issues or bugs yet. Most of the bugs found are fixed with a simple update.

Anything that will fix bugs will be threw update OTA, i remember the time span i had my G1 from release date up until a couple months ago, we would get updates every few months, and each update made my phone feel brand new again with there features, thats what made me keep it for over a year. Same thing is going to happen with this phone. If its anything super major that they can't fix and is a major problem they will have recalls on the phones, which i doubt it will ever get that serious.

Quote Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
    Anything that will fix bugs will be threw update OTA, i remember the time span i had my G1 from release date up until a couple months ago, we would get updates every few months, and each update made my phone feel brand new again with there features, thats what made me keep it for over a year. Same thing is going to happen with this phone. If its anything super major that they can't fix and is a major problem they will have recalls on the phones, which i doubt it will ever get that serious.
    Since the Nexus One code is actually from the Google developers and doesn't really need to go through HTC, I would expect the Nexus One to get updates at least as frequently as you experienced with the G1. Since most of the Google developers are using this as their primary development platform, we should see good solid updates. It should be more than a carrier phone such as MyTouch or Droid.

It would be nice to get Chrome browser style updates where you see a blog posting about an update that you silently received. :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

This actually helps a lot thank you very much, and another question. Should i give it a week and a half or so until i get the phone incase in a week and a half they release new batchs or it doesnt matter and i might as well get it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Androidfan74 View Post
    This actually helps a lot thank you very much, and another question. Should i give it a week and a half or so until i get the phone incase in a week and a half they release new batchs or it doesnt matter and i might as well get it now?
    I was holding off for the same reason but decided to pull the trigger (I ordered my Nexus today) because I figured there would be fixes for these minor issues released soon (as they seem to all be software and not hardware related). The primary thing that was holding me back was the 3g issue on T-Mo but there are currently some short term fixes/work arounds I can use to side step it until the official OTA fix comes out.

That and I'm really excited for a new phone. The general sluggishness of my 1st gen iPhone has been getting on my nerves!

Im actually excited for a new phone too. I really loved my sidekick but its time for a switch. Also is the 3G to Edge problem going to be fixed or what? Because im not going to pay $35 a month when i live in a perfect 3G community plus i get 3G everywhere around me for a long distance probably around 20 miles and yet be on Edge half the time? Whats up with that situation?

Nobody here will probably be able to tell you when the next batch is going to come out.

Even then, all the issues that came up so far seem to be software and nothing really hardware.

The 3G/EDGE issue does not apply to everyone. I'm on the launch day batch phone and I've never had that problem.

Personally, if I was debating on getting the phone now or later, I'd just go for it. At this point a new 'batch' isnt going to make a difference IMO.

What does hardware problem differ from software problem? And no hardware problem has been found at all?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links