the phone can update news w/o wifi and data plan?

This is a discussion on the phone can update news w/o wifi and data plan? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; hi, everyone: I just got the phone by yesterday. I love it. However, I notice that the phone itself can update weather data, news, such ...

Thread: the phone can update news w/o wifi and data plan?

the phone can update news w/o wifi and data plan?

hi, everyone:
    I just got the phone by yesterday. I love it.
    However, I notice that the phone itself can update weather data, news, such stuff, and I can even surf on web (when I do those, I certainly turned the wifi off, the sync disabled, the data roaming disabled).
    Therefore, I think it's wierd. I am guessing whether there's free charge widget which plugged into the phone works(does the update things) or not.
    Anyone has ideas? I just want to use the basic AT&T service, I do not want to be additionally charged anyway. If you know, please help me. Direct me to a right track, tell me how to avoid any no needed fees please.
    Additionally, I am not so comfortable with the vibrate when I draw the lock button to turn on the phone. How to set it into quiet mode?
    Thank you !

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have solved the big issue, but can anyone help with "Additionally, I am not so comfortable with the vibrate when I draw the lock button to turn on the phone. How to set it into quiet mode?"

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links