Factory reset questions...

This is a discussion on Factory reset questions... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I did something, not sure what, that has mildly screwed up my phone...everytime I power cycle, that launcher2 crashes. Not a huge deal, but I'm ...

Thread: Factory reset questions...

Factory reset questions...

I did something, not sure what, that has mildly screwed up my phone...everytime I power cycle, that launcher2 crashes. Not a huge deal, but I'm having a hard time tracking down the problem. So, I've backed everything up to my sd card, mounted on my PC and backed up the SD card there.

Is this all I need to do to prepare for the reset?
    Is it safe to assume my contacts will resync from gmail again?
    Do I have to manually reinstall all the apps or will the market remember what I've installed and reinstall automatically?
    Is there anything else I should be aware of to make sure this process is smooth?

Thanks all!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Your SD Card will not be touched by the reset.
    But to be safe just remove it.
    As far as I know the contacts resync, if you synced them, yes.
    aand, the market DOES remember which apps you did download. BUT you have to download them again. If you did download an expensive app earlier you can download it for free the 2nd time
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

Thanks...I think I found the offending app, so I'm going to hold off a bit on the reset...

Paid Apps should push back to the Device.....Free ones will have to be re-downloaded unless you use something like Astro to back then up yourself...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links