8-digit phone number format on Nexus One?

This is a discussion on 8-digit phone number format on Nexus One? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by GoofyG28 Originally Posted by Bishop6 There is no option for this, as this for the north Americanm market. Maybe the european phones ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8-digit phone number format on Nexus One?

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyG28 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    There is no option for this, as this for the north Americanm market.

Maybe the european phones may have it.
    If you recall, Google listed Singapore and Hong Kong as two of the original lists of countries where it delivers the N1. And in both of those countries, the number format is XXXX XXXX. It's very annoying to see my Singapore phones as XXX-XXX-XX (with the dashes).
    Correct....but i do remember them saying that the european model would have mutli touch enabled, whether that happens is another thing.

This leads me to believe the european model may have this as it is not standard in north America

it might not be that easy. either use () around the city code or reformat numbers to use +#############. no dashes or spaces and it will keep the number as is.

I am not aware of any solution for incoming calls that are not in the contact list.

If you figure out a solution, share with others.

Yep, very annoying problem! I don't think having no spaces helps.

Very annoying problem! changing regional settings does not help.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoofyG28 View Post
    I'm from the US, but temporarily living in Singapore. The number format here is XXXX XXXX. I have a mix of US and Singapore phone numbers, but since I'm located in Singapore at the momemt, I prefer to use XXXX XXXX. However, there is no 'Singapore' option under SETTINGS -> LANG/KEYBOARD -> SLECT LOCALE. I changed my profile location in Google account online, too, but that didn't work.
    There is no option for this, as this for the north Americanm market.
    I don't understand why you keep saying this. This phone ISNT just for the North American market as it is being shipped to multiple regions around the world.

I have the US one which was delivered to the UK. The regional settings for the UK DO change the contact and number format.

Quote Originally Posted by tribz View Post
    I have the US one which was delivered to the UK. The regional settings for the UK DO change the contact and number format.
    I think you might be right!!

I didn't think they worked cos I tried to change them before but I think I left them as US cos they did not have my particular country. Now that I've changed it to UK, it seems to be working fine!

One note though - numbers which previously had the US format and were saved into Contacts seem to retain the US settings, so you have to re-enter the numbers for those Contacts if you want it to lose the US format.

thanks!

I saw the same thing when i switched to the US region to test and it didn't change the US format back to UK in a test contact. Glad you've got it sorted though

I saw the same thing when i switched to the US region to test and it didn't change the US format back to UK in a test contact. Glad you've got it sorted though
    Thanks Tribz for clarify this country code issue, mistake on my part!!

I think it doesn't retrospectively change all the existing/previous contacts, but will do so for any new numbers you type in or new incoming numbers.

Doesn't have any Asian country regional settings. By that I mean keeping the language settings in English and having the "REGIONAL" settings available for more countries to help display the phone numbers in your correct format with the hyphens and spaces in the correct order. iPhone had pretting much the whole world covered ( Setting the Language and setting the "region" should be separate.....come on google get with it....this is something that should be standard in the phones software....do a OTA update and fix it. Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaseee!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links