Iphone killer.. That's right, I said it.

This is a discussion on Iphone killer.. That's right, I said it. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Finally something that I can confidently call a Iphone killer. The iphone is a tank compared to this. If you don't have one yet, can ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iphone killer.. That's right, I said it.

Iphone killer.. That's right, I said it.

Finally something that I can confidently call a Iphone killer. The iphone is a tank compared to this. If you don't have one yet, can that iphone and get a nexus

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i did not have an iphone, i had an ipod touch... i must say that apple is a "closed" experience while android is "open".

a real simple example is... the bluetooth on an ipod & iphone... you cant transfer files via bluetooth, its only for bluetooth headphones/accessories. apple is so "closed" they MUST control how you get stuff onto your device,, and thats ONLY with itunes
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

jah
    Yeah, I love this phone. Whenever I hang out with friends who have the iPhone, I can't help but point out the million different things that are better about this phone.

you know i dont know what people see in the iPhone..i mean it was amazing to have a few years ago and it does have alot of apps..but it feels so generic and that your so stuck in that plain screen..i need a phone that i can customize with..and the n1 just provides a more indepth experience

their is a reason why ALOT of people jailbreak their iphones... they simply want WAYYYYYY more control over their phone.

people that want more than "basic" control of their iphones should really try an android phone.
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

Which jailbreaking an iPhone is unbelievable on what you can do. That's why I will keep my similar in my 3gs till other stuff comes available for the N1. I have both and right now my iPhone beats it hands down but I will keep my N1 cause I'm sure it will get better. I've had it a day after it came out and been comparing. So right now not an iPhone killer. But the closes thing to it. Just being honest.

well please explain how the iphone beats it hands down?

OK well for one the the speaker, the touch screen, video wallpapers, emulater control,keyboard that spent go crazy when I'm laying down and have it side ways,TV out ability,ability to use my slingplayer to watch TV on it,the gaming apps,the ability to change full themes,better wifi reception,ability to save apps to flash memory not to the phones memory,video ringtones,..Now I am comparing it to my iPhone 3gs that is jailbroken with all of that and I'm sure it will be on the Nexus. But the TV/out it a big one for me because I hook it up in the TV in my car and house because I download a lot of movies on it. Only my opinion I have both the Nexus one and the iPhone 3gs 32g. Sorry if I make anyone mad.

Folks, this "my phone is better than yours" is childish and immature. I have both and while there are differences underneath, they are very similar. They both have their pros and cons and each have their own unique feel.

There's enough room for both of these phones in the market and as much as I love them both, I DON'T want one to necessarily dominate the other. Android is the reaction to Apple's revolutionary phone platform, a new evolution in phone technology that would probably not exist without Apple's out-of-the-box intro into the cellphone market.

Likewise, Android's answer and feature-set will and is already pushing the competition, something we should all embrace since it will only help us, the consumer. Apple proved there was something better out there and Google saw this as well.

It's not an iPhone killer, nor should it try to be. (Not until it can claim a user installed base of 34+ million units and billions in sales. Seriously, Android has yet to put much of a dent into iPhone.) It should stand on it's own merits and be judged for itself and over time it will be. If you notice, every time there was an iPod killer that supposedly came down the pipe, it eventually failed. Some, more quickly than others.

This, in my opinion, will be the year the "Empire Strikes Back" against Apple so to speak with the likes of legacy phone makers (Moto, Samsung, Sony, etc...) embracing Android and pushing back hard against the iPhone. And with Apple potentially losing focus on the iPhone to work on their tablet project, it could be interesting.

Nokia is also working on something new and we shouldn't discount them since they are one of if not the biggest cell phone makers in the world.

To sit there and put all your eggs in one basket is foolish. Enjoy the spoils of all technology, don't just align yourself with one. You'll be missing the ride.

Also webcam. My son lives in MD with his mother and I can turn on the webcam on there computer with my iPhone and see him anytime he's in the room through my iphone. There not an app. on market that I stable enough to do that. That's a must have for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links