Google voice comes with phone

This is a discussion on Google voice comes with phone within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; For those of you who don't know it, if you set up your new Nexus one with google voice to amazing things happen. First, you ...

Thread: Google voice comes with phone

Google voice comes with phone

For those of you who don't know it, if you set up your new Nexus one with google voice to amazing things happen. First, you can get a brand new shiny google voice account. It comes with the phone. Second you can set up the Google Voice, Voice mail, and it is free. Unlike Visual Voice mail from T-mobile, and i can Confirm that it DOES NOT, use any of your minutes to use the google voice mail.

If you forward your google voice number to your phone, that of course will use minutes, but just using google voice as your voicemail will not cost you anything. I have received several messages and listened to them and it has not used any of my precious 500 anytime minutes. I used the voice mail during peak times as well.
    :nexusx:Proud new owner of Nexus One as of 1/11/10
    Unlocked Rooted
    Amon-RA recovery v1.7.0(Cyanogen Mod Version)
    Cyanogen Mod LATEST! (Beta or Stable)
    Baked In MoDaCo's Kitchen!
    NexTHEME
    Helix Launcher2
    16GB Class 6 MicroSD

Twitter @Gr8gorilla

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Were you able to set up the Google Voice number from your N1? IOW, does this feature actually eliminate the need for an invite to GV?

I had requested a GV invite from google but never got it. I clicked the google voice app on the phone, it asks you to sign in to a gmail account that you want to use with your phone, for email, calendar, gtalk, etc. It set up gvoice as my voice mail. I then logged into gvoice on the computer and was able to select a gvoice phone number and had a full gvoice account. All of this after setting up my Nexus. So a google voice account comes with the nexus, not sure about google wave.
    :nexusx:Proud new owner of Nexus One as of 1/11/10
    Unlocked Rooted
    Amon-RA recovery v1.7.0(Cyanogen Mod Version)
    Cyanogen Mod LATEST! (Beta or Stable)
    Baked In MoDaCo's Kitchen!
    NexTHEME
    Helix Launcher2
    16GB Class 6 MicroSD

Twitter @Gr8gorilla

this is exactly what i did as well... i requested before i even got the phone, then set it up when i got the phone and it worked! aside from the occasional wonky transcriptions, it's awesome!!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links