UK Insurance and IMEI numbers

This is a discussion on UK Insurance and IMEI numbers within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hello everyone. I haven't yet purchased my Nexus One because I'm having problems finding insurance for it. My bank offers phone insurance although they say ...

Thread: UK Insurance and IMEI numbers

UK Insurance and IMEI numbers

Hello everyone.

I haven't yet purchased my Nexus One because I'm having problems finding insurance for it. My bank offers phone insurance although they say they cannot let me know until they have details such as the IMEI number. Can anybody tell me if there is a difference between UK and US IMEI numbers? For example, does the IMEI number give details of the country of origin? I believe the insurance company is concerned about whether or not the UK networks can bar the handset using the IMEI.

Also, if anyone in the UK has any help regarding insurance I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Don't know if there is a difference with the imei numbers between the countries but your network can bar the sim no problem.

Staker posted about this place a few days ago regarding insurance:

CUSC - Mobile Phone Insurance, Laptop Insurance, PDA Insurance

Think it was the cheapest he could find up til now.

as far as i remember they can only bar the phone from uk networks, so if the phone is taken abroad it will work, they cant bar the phone from every network in the world.

as far as insurance i would like to know if anyone offers this for the nexus one in the uk 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Gash View Post
    Don't know if there is a difference with the imei numbers between the countries but your network can bar the sim no problem.

Staker posted about this place a few days ago regarding insurance:

CUSC - Mobile Phone Insurance, Laptop Insurance, PDA Insurance

Think it was the cheapest he could find up til now.
    An also looking for insurance in the UK. Does anybody know anywhere else too other than the place quoted? Has anyone had dealings with the place quoted, doesn't exactly look all that professional to me? Am happy to pay a bit more to a more well known company for piece of mind if anybody knows one!

CUSC seem to have a lot of different websites with different names. However reading the reviews of mobile phone insurance all the companies doing mobile insurance seem as bad as each other. Can anyone recommend a decent one?

Quote Originally Posted by d3023m View Post
    Can anybody tell me if there is a difference between UK and US IMEI numbers? For example, does the IMEI number give details of the country of origin?
    No to both

Quote Originally Posted by Brightlight View Post
    CUSC seem to have a lot of different websites with different names. However reading the reviews of mobile phone insurance all the companies doing mobile insurance seem as bad as each other. Can anyone recommend a decent one?
    Worth a read.. Mobile Phone Insurance: Cheap cover for your handset...

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links