A few Questions (new here)

This is a discussion on A few Questions (new here) within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; hey everyone, great site Im going to get the Nexus in a few days and I've been on this site reading various post. 1. Do ...

Thread: A few Questions (new here)

A few Questions (new here)

hey everyone, great site

Im going to get the Nexus in a few days and I've been on this site reading various post.

1. Do i need a dataplan /internet for this phone to work right. I know its recommended, but represenatives say you need it for the g1 and you really dont, just curious.

2. I've seen alot of negative comments about bugs and other minor problems, should i be worried or is it minor problems.

3. Is it worth the $500 that i want to put into it. My previous phone is the Samsung Behold and although not the best phone, its still good. From all of you who do have it, is the nexus worth it.

Ive seen all the reviews from websites but i want to here from those who actually have it and paid for it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Welcome to the Site...

I'll let a Nexus One owner answer those for you as I have a Droid, but IMHO Yes it's worth the price, the minor issues (that will be fixed) and I couldn't see owning a smartphone without a data plan...

Welcome! Here's my take on your questions....

1. If you just want a phone, sure you can get by without data. But the whole point of this phone, like all other smartphones, is integrating your information, mail, etc.. into your life. Having this phone without data is like having flashlight without batteries, in my opinion.

2. I've had mine a week and have not really noticed any bugs or issues outside of one of the live wallpapers not working. And even that was fixed by choosing another type of live wallpaper. Not that big of a deal to me, plus I'm sure it'll be easily patched.

3. I don't think anyone can answer that for you, except you. The value of anything is subjective to the person making the purchase. I bought it unlocked and without service because I wanted to play with the latest version of Android and wanted the first official Google phone. It was worth $530 to me... but I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't understand paying that much when I already have an iPhone. To each their own I say.

Welcome again and good luck.

Welcome to the forums!

1: I agree with the posted below me, purchasing this phone without a data plan would be possible perhaps if you are always around a wifi connection....?

2: I haven't noticed any deal breaking bugs on my end, nor any small ones for that matter. I have used the phone pretty extensively as well, testing various apps and so on. The only problem I have had thus far was lack of physical keyboard that some apps/games seem to require.

3: Yes, it is worth it, IMO of course. I upgraded from a G1 and haven't regretted it one bit.

Welcome JQ_Kitsune.

I purchased my N1 for the full price. Now im paying around $70 a month with unlimited data and texts. with 500 minutes and thats including the $5.99 for insurance. So it's not that expensive.

Yes there is some bugs, but nothing major. And im sure their first update will fix most of them.

Is it worth the price? well thats up to you. I use all the google products, so for me it is worth it. I can check everything from my email, my docs, checkout, finance, maps, news, search, you tube, etc..., all from my phone.
    -Phunds
    :nexusx: Nexus One owner since: January 11th, 2010
    :nexusx: Rooted! Android 2.2 FROYO CM6.1 RC

phundsblog.blogspot.com | twitter.com/phunds | facebook.com/phunds

Quote Originally Posted by JQ_Kitsune View Post
    hey everyone, great site

Im going to get the Nexus in a few days and I've been on this site reading various post.

1. Do i need a dataplan /internet for this phone to work right. I know its recommended, but represenatives say you need it for the g1 and you really dont, just curious.

2. I've seen alot of negative comments about bugs and other minor problems, should i be worried or is it minor problems.

3. Is it worth the $500 that i want to put into it. My previous phone is the Samsung Behold and although not the best phone, its still good. From all of you who do have it, is the nexus worth it.

Ive seen all the reviews from websites but i want to here from those who actually have it and paid for it.
    1 Don't have to, but it's like having a crippled device.

2. Personally I don't see much problems at all. Every phone has bugs, there none that is a perfect phone.

3. to me it is absolutely worth it. it is a very subjective matter. but it is $500+ because it is not subsidized. almost every smart phone is $500+ to buy one out right. So the best one out there and similar price? i say it is worth it.

I understand about the data plan, Im going to get it eventually. Just wanted to know if the nexus will work without it for the time being.

thank you guys, lots of help.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links