I week with the One

This is a discussion on I week with the One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Ive had the phone now for a week after two years with an iPhone 3G. Admittedly the iPhone is more polished than this device. Well, ...

Thread: I week with the One

I week with the One

Ive had the phone now for a week after two years with an iPhone 3G. Admittedly the iPhone is more polished than this device. Well, maybe polished is not the right word. After all, the only thing one can do on an iphone is tap icons so the UI is much less involved.
    My biggest disappointments with this phone are the spotty 3G issues and the fact that copy and paste is still in its infancy. Also, the device seems to behave erratically at times especially if I have it plugged in while using it.
    The good things are numerous though even more so than the 3Gs this thing flies. Also, I hope things dont get too much more simple. Every time i figure something out I feel like i've gotten a small present. Apple brags about its 100k apps but how many flashlight apps does one really need or "where to eat apps?
    Speaking of apps... There are two that I miss dearly

1. Gymbuddy
    2. Lose it.

Both were my most used apps and were excellent. Any idea of anything even close. The great thing about gym buddy was that it was customizable and it had a timer. Lose it was free and was also customizable so I could add my own foods.

I am glad I am away from the Apple mentality. Their products are impeccable but their military like control is pretty sad. I love my Mac mini and doubt I will ever go back to PC. But the iPhone was just way too restrictive for my taste.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by rmstrong37 View Post
    Ive had the phone now for a week after two years with an iPhone 3G. Admittedly the iPhone is more polished than this device. Well, maybe polished is not the right word. After all, the only thing one can do on an iphone is tap icons so the UI is much less involved.
    My biggest disappointments with this phone are the spotty 3G issues and the fact that copy and paste is still in its infancy. Also, the device seems to behave erratically at times especially if I have it plugged in while using it.
    The good things are numerous though even more so than the 3Gs this thing flies. Also, I hope things dont get too much more simple. Every time i figure something out I feel like i've gotten a small present. Apple brags about its 100k apps but how many flashlight apps does one really need or "where to eat apps?
    Speaking of apps... There are two that I miss dearly

1. Gymbuddy
    2. Lose it.

Both were my most used apps and were excellent. Any idea of anything even close. The great thing about gym buddy was that it was customizable and it had a timer. Lose it was free and was also customizable so I could add my own foods.

I am glad I am away from the Apple mentality. Their products are impeccable but their military like control is pretty sad. I love my Mac mini and doubt I will ever go back to PC. But the iPhone was just way too restrictive for my taste.

You should check out Runstar, it's pretty nice :D

Thanks for the replies. Strangely I did not think of asking the developers.

Quote Originally Posted by rmstrong37 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Strangely I did not think of asking the developers.
    If they see enough demand, they will port it over to andriod.

Yes my wife has an iphone and it does have better apps FOR NOW - but hopefully this will change soon

Quote Originally Posted by spotty1 View Post
    Yes my wife has an iphone and it does have better apps FOR NOW - but hopefully this will change soon
    Just to clarify. The iPhone has MORE apps and some are better...but you can easily say Android has better apps too. Nothing for the iPhone compares to Free Google Nav, Google Voice (also free) and the voice apps on the Nexus One.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links