Possible solution to the 3G problem some are having

This is a discussion on Possible solution to the 3G problem some are having within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Here a link to a site that claims to be able to successfully resolve the issues around 3G reception How I Fixed the 3G Issue ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible solution to the 3G problem some are having

Possible solution to the 3G problem some are having

Here a link to a site that claims to be able to successfully resolve the issues around 3G reception

How I Fixed the 3G Issue on My Nexus One

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by thatharlemkat View Post
    Here a link to a site that claims to be able to successfully resolve the issues around 3G reception

How I Fixed the 3G Issue on My Nexus One
    Such a simple fix. I will try it out and let everyone know how it works for me. I had been using the *#*#3646#*#* hack to force my phone into 3G only mode, which works great, but this simple fix may be safer.

- Greymarch
    I write about technology, including Nexus One stuff on my website: www.greymarch.com
    - Greymarch
    I write about technology, including the Nexus One at my website:
    http://www.greymarch.com

bmo
    Mine still falls to E sometimes, after this procedure. With the *#*#4636#*#* trick, the phone will stay on 3G here. I dont have much faith that this idea is doing anything the phone does not already do automatically....

damn i think i have the 3g issue as well, i stay connected to 3g, but im not getting speeds that man is.

highest i got was 0.31mbps and same for upload, right now i just got 0.29 down and 0.29 up. seems fast while im browsing and all.

From downtown Atlanta GA. my 3g speed as reported by the speedtest.net 2032kbps/385kbps
    Very decent!

I haven't really had an issue yet...usually at 2-3 bars and only once switched to edge. I tryed this anyway for fun and immediately went to 4 bars (I think this is a first since I've had the N1)! I need to go back to the area where I switched to edge to see if there's any difference...

Great info; thanks for sharing with us!

jah
    Question: are y'all finding it more likely to have edge/3g if wifi is off? I'm wondering if my having wifi on all of the time is somehow affecting my other signals.

And I just turned off wifi to see what would happen, and I went *immediately* from no data to Edge (which is what it should be).

for those of you using the speedtest app. make sure you change the server to one that is closest to you... for some reason mine said the closest server to me was in wichita kansas yet im in charlotte north carolina. when i did that i got an increase in speeds.

Can someone tell me what 3g speeds are suppose to be.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by sotorious View Post
    Can someone tell me what 3g speeds are suppose to be.
    It really depends on who your carier is. 3.5G is supposed to have the max potential of 14mbs if i remembered correctly.

However, that's not really a reference point.

If you're concerned with the speed of your provider, go look up some consumer reports / reviews.

Some of them have dones speed tests at different spots to give you an idea on how your provider is treating you (or cheating you).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links