How do I save documents?

This is a discussion on How do I save documents? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I can see documents like PDFs and Word Docs on my Nexus One pretty easily (pretty cool, too), but there doesn't seem to be an ...

Thread: How do I save documents?

How do I save documents?

I can see documents like PDFs and Word Docs on my Nexus One pretty easily (pretty cool, too), but there doesn't seem to be an option to allow me to save the documents to my phone (SD or otherwise). The documents open with something called QuickOffice which is not an app I downloaded, it just seems to be something that's already there. Any thoughts? I'd like to save them so I can forward them via email.

Thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

sjg

Question But then what do you do with them?

So I can download documents, go to the "Download History" in whatever browser I'm using (Dolphin), and open them. But can I put them in folders or organize them? Can I put them (or links to them) on the homescreens? In folders on the homescreens?

cxm
    if you use astro file manager you will find a directory sdcard/dowloads where my browser downloads are - not sure if it is the same for dolphin as I use stock - you can use astro to organise them, but not sure how to put them on homescreen

sjg

But I still can't do what I want...

Wow. That astro file thing is pretty amazing. But I still can't seem to put a file or folder of files or shortcut to a file on a homescreen. That's what I want most.

cxm
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sjg View Post
    Wow. That astro file thing is pretty amazing. But I still can't seem to put a file or folder of files or shortcut to a file on a homescreen. That's what I want most.
    Empty space on desktop, long-press->shortcut->Astro->Nav and select file or folder->rename....Done!
    thanks, I couldn't figure that one out before. Now if I have add a new folder to the homescreen, I can just move a file to the homescreen, long press it and move it to the the new folder. I knew there must be a way of doing it!

Empty space on desktop, long-press->shortcut->Astro->Nav and select file or folder->rename....Done!
    Sorry but I want this as well but I cant get the first part right, what do you mean by empty space on desktop??

Quote Originally Posted by ndwgolf View Post
    Sorry but I want this as well but I cant get the first part right, what do you mean by empty space on desktop??
    He means where ever you do a 'long-press' that is where the icon will position itself on your 'desktop' usually an space between / beside another icon.

thank for the tip!!! very useful!!!!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links