How do I empty the trash?

This is a discussion on How do I empty the trash? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Dkin Originally Posted by NexusNuckie Originally Posted by Dkin My trash box shows 10 messages but when I open it there is ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do I empty the trash?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dkin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NexusNuckie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkin View Post
    My trash box shows 10 messages but when I open it there is nothing displayed.
    How does one clear this.
    Have you been checking messages from your e-mail anywhere else besides your phone?
    Yes i check my mail through world client on my desk top also.
    That could be the problem....cause when I check mail from my laptop or desktop....my phone still registers that I have e-mail but in retrospect I've already read or deleted the e-mail from my other source....the phone is a little delayed with this info compared to a laptop or desktop.

Ok. Is there any way to reset the trash folder counter. Is there a more advanced mail client available for nexus one.
    Thanks for your assistance

Bump bump bump

It could be the email not syncing.

Try using a task killer to terminate the email/gmail application, then reopen it. It will make the application restart and do a sync? That might refresh the number....
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

disregarding the previous tangent that somebody took this post, the original question was "How do I empty the trash"?

The trash for a pop account is stored on the nexus and is not associated with syncing. What we are looking for is a command to empty the trash. The Moto Cliq had one in their email application. I'm shocked there isn't one here.???? Am I just stupid? - oh, wait, don't answer that...

In the gMail app, while looking at the list of emails, tap on the menu and go to settings. Tap on "Labels" and you can then select which labels are synchronized. Slide down that list to "Deleted Items" and select Sync all. There are also trash items to set.

I'm sorry, I still wasn't clear enough. The case I am concerned with is a POP account in the email app. But thank you.

Is there a better email app that has an empty trash selection, or am I just missing it somewhere in the menus? I can't find the option anywhere. In the moto cliq, I did have this option.

How to empty trash

I finally deleted the email account and then re configured it, this resolved the problem. However a more advanced mail client is required.

What do you mean you "reconfigured" it?
    For the time being I deleted my account and recreated it as an Imap account instead. But that only means I'm still going to have to log into the main email server of my website to delete the trash occasionally, which is a major pain. How could they forget this function?

What would it take to write an app which finds all folders with the word trash in it and a command to delete all items in the folders?

Some of the things this phone does is amazing and some of the things it won't do is also amazing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links