UK VAT: Has anyone got any invoice yet?

This is a discussion on UK VAT: Has anyone got any invoice yet? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; My VAT bill has arrived, all up 61.40 (including DHL's fee)...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UK VAT: Has anyone got any invoice yet?

My VAT bill has arrived, all up 61.40 (including DHL's fee)

Vat

Count on getting this sometime. The only way to reduce this is to have the device shipped with a value of say $ 75, then you will only pay VAT on this value. Not possible with a device shipped direct from Google.

Regards

TerD

Can sum1 clarify something for me? We're not supposed to pay duty on mobile phones right? Just VAT. So why is DHL trying to slap an additional 16 duty fee on me? Taking my total costs to 78 roughly.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    Can sum1 clarify something for me? We're not supposed to pay duty on mobile phones right? Just VAT. So why is DHL trying to slap an additional 16 duty fee on me? Taking my total costs to 78 roughly.
    just talk to DHL they may take the duty off.

Divine duty

Of course you pay duty ( at least I do here in Belgium). Taxes, duty and death are unavoidable.:rofl3:

Still we all paid over the odds as early adopters. Mine's up and running on Proximus locally, with Vodafone for roaming. Automatically identifies a free WiFi and chooses this over 3G to save loot.

It's a beautiful gadget and if it was a woman I would take it to bed ( come to think of it, I do take it to bed to check the news every morning, which narks the wife!).

I see there's already a heavier duty battery on the way, fits into the same case.

TerD

Cheeky fkz. I got off the phone with them & I am telling them everyone didn't get charged duty. Their like "give us an invoice number of anyone who didn't get charged duty so we can compare and see if you were overcharged."

So would any of you who have paid and still have your invoice numbers care to give me please? This is so frustrating.

Careful

This will probably result in the rest of the UK early adopters getting charged 16 quid extra :rofl3:

Forget it, go play with your phone

TerD

Zindol, remind them that the import duty is 0% on telecommunication handsets (incl. cellular handsets). I'm sure you can find a doc on HMRC website to refer them to, although they should know this

got mine today ... 61.40 vat which includes 1.25 admin fee. Duty was listed as 0.00

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_UK View Post
    Zindol, remind them that the import duty is 0% on telecommunication handsets (incl. cellular handsets). I'm sure you can find a doc on HMRC website to refer them to, although they should know this
    Yeah thanks. Their just trying to get me to pay the duty. I called first time and said "you're not supposed to pay for duty on mobile phones" she says "hold on let me ask" she comes back saying "uh whatever you buy over a certain amount you have to pay duty on" Im like "other people who got the same phone never paid duty on it." She's like "get the reference numbers of those people and I will see if you are being overcharged" Knowing damn well no one will want to just give their ref #s out like that. So that call ends.

I end up checking the customs website just to double check and for real it does say 0%. So I call back DHL and I'm like "look it even says so on the website." The guy is like ok I am forwarding the issue to the support team and will get back to you within the next 10-15 working days."

They need to just use their common sense and just not charge it. Very frustrating they would want to get a 1 up on me like that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links