Quote Originally Posted by Brightlight View Post
Incidentally, it is worth doing the sums to work out the most economic way of getting hold of the phone. Sure, when it arrives, I can get one through Vodaphone, probably with a 35 a month 2 year contract and let's say a price of 180 (I did these sorts of sums when considering an iphone). I am currently out of contract and have a rolling one month sim only agreement with T Mobile, 15 a month including data (I have been a customer for a loooooong time and they will always reduce the tariff if you do not upgrade but stay with them!), so in one year I am saving 240 on the contract (and it is a 2 year tie up don't forget). Add the price of the phone, then look at the cost of the Nexus unlocked. I have the advantage, if say I fall out with T Mobile or Orange next week announce a Sim only with data for 10, I can move with a month's notice.

Going back to the original thread, sorry but you won't get round paying the VAT, etc, just a pity DHL are a bit slow on sending out the Invoice.

that's exactly my thinking; currently with T-mob but have the choice to move subject to 30 day cancellation notice and can go to another provider the next month etc.