Nexus in the UK - Regards to Insurance and Returns

This is a discussion on Nexus in the UK - Regards to Insurance and Returns within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi there, I think i will be ordering my Nexus later today to be imported into the UK. Can anyone tell me if there are ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus in the UK - Regards to Insurance and Returns

Nexus in the UK - Regards to Insurance and Returns

Hi there,

I think i will be ordering my Nexus later today to be imported into the UK. Can anyone tell me if there are special arrangements for the UK regarding returns?

I have read of a few little issues that would prompt a return to maker, and being in the UK i just wanted to check i would be covered if the worst was to happen?

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't know much, but I think you might be able to return it if you have not got the engraving done?

You can return it, I have currently got it on warranty return due to a dead pixel, which I cant see but I wanted my device perfect. I sent it to HTC rather than google and they were very helpful.

Thank you all for your comments. That gives me a much greater peace of mind!

It sounds silly posting this on a Nexus forum but i still cant decide if is should press the buy now button!

The only thing that really stops me is reading about this screen issue, is it really effecting a lot of handsets? Could it just be a simple software fix that will be released in time?

Quote Originally Posted by cxm View Post
    I have to admit then when I pressed buy now it was a just because of a rush of blood to the head - I wasn't even in the market for a new phone. Very happy that I bought it now though. I don't think that most people have experienced issues (I know I haven't had any) - htc seem to be good a swapping out defective units if you are unlucky (though I wouldn't get in engraved just in case as per an earlier post), and many minor issue that people have reported will doubtless be addressed in updates which google are apparently working on feverishly....
    Sounds like a winner! I have placed my order for the phone, thats for answering all my questions guys! Really helpful.

Cannot wait to receive my Nexus now!

That's fantastic news! Congratulations! I think, like the first iPhone, we should all feel very lucky to be having this handset at such an early stage. I'm sure Google will improve it if necessary but in the meantime, we should all enjoy our N1!

hi all, a bit of a thread hi-jack here so i apologise in advance for that but seeing as you are UK residents you may be able to help me out.

I'm still toying with the idea of ordering an N1 but wonder if i would be better off waiting until they are formally released in the UK ? Is there any confirmation if the phone will only be contract on vodafone or will we be able to buy it unlocked and thus transferable to any network ?

Will the price be dramatically different if i wait to buy it in the UK rather than ordering from the US ?

Is there any more info on when exactly it's coming to the UK ? I've seen it says Spring but wondered if there was any more news ?

Cheers .

You'll be able to buy SIM free, Play are advertising it at 499 though.

Voda are just the only provider who'll be subsidising the phone.

crikes, 499!! guess it is cheaper to get it from the States.....i want to stay clear of an 18-24 month plan and also not be tied to one provider.

Thanks for the info, now going to search for questions relating to outlook/pop3 accounts!

Incidentally, it is worth doing the sums to work out the most economic way of getting hold of the phone. Sure, when it arrives, I can get one through Vodaphone, probably with a 35 a month 2 year contract and let's say a price of 180 (I did these sorts of sums when considering an iphone). I am currently out of contract and have a rolling one month sim only agreement with T Mobile, 15 a month including data (I have been a customer for a loooooong time and they will always reduce the tariff if you do not upgrade but stay with them!), so in one year I am saving 240 on the contract (and it is a 2 year tie up don't forget). Add the price of the phone, then look at the cost of the Nexus unlocked. I have the advantage, if say I fall out with T Mobile or Orange next week announce a Sim only with data for 10, I can move with a month's notice.

Going back to the original thread, sorry but you won't get round paying the VAT, etc, just a pity DHL are a bit slow on sending out the Invoice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links