Seidio Slim Extended Battery for Nexus One

This is a discussion on Seidio Slim Extended Battery for Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; got the battery and case. the batteries for this phone are so thin, i slid the original battery into a small slot in my wallet ...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Seidio Slim Extended Battery for Nexus One

got the battery and case. the batteries for this phone are so thin, i slid the original battery into a small slot in my wallet behind my license and it added no noticeable bulk - and so now have battery backup wherever i go. pretty nifty. although not as convenient as one super battery, the phone keeps its slimness.
    ---------------------
    www.simplyathos.com

Please do this! I don't know much about cell phones but when I found out the only way to have an extended battery for my Nexus One is to add thickness to the device, I said no way. I have protective cases that I will not sacrifice, and not to mention It is just impractical as these newer cell phones and iphones are already fairly large devices to have in your pocket.

Is it possible to make a slim battery no bigger than the original with 2800mah capacity? If so, I'd pay whatever you want to charge for it!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanjupiter View Post
    Please do this! I don't know much about cell phones but when I found out the only way to have an extended battery for my Nexus One is to add thickness to the device, I said no way. I have protective cases that I will not sacrifice, and not to mention It is just impractical as these newer cell phones and iphones are already fairly large devices to have in your pocket.

Is it possible to make a slim battery no bigger than the original with 2800mah capacity? If so, I'd pay whatever you want to charge for it!
    The answer is "NO". You can't get double the capacity without adding thickness to the battery. Of course if there was room to move inside the phone the battery could be larger in diameter and not thickness but of course you're out of luck there too since the phone already is pre-designed for the current OEM batt with no extra space to allow a bigger diameter battery.
    So that is why I purchased 2 extra Momax batteries. They are 1250mAh each but 2 of those batteries and the charger with available USB (that means you can charge one battery and your phone at the same time) cost me way less than one of those monster 2800mAh batteries without shipping. You do the math.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by americanexpat View Post
    I will update with my battery life details as soon as it arrives in the mail. I am going to guess that there won't be too much of a difference to notice at 1600 vs 1400.

Not too much difference. My friend is using one and says it might give him between 15-20 mins more at the very most. I guess it also depends on what and how you use your phone on a daily basis too.

There is a difference but the difference is very minimal at best. Like mentioned in the above post 15-20 minutes at best.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by americanexpat View Post
    There is a difference but the difference is very minimal at best. Like mentioned in the above post 15-20 minutes at best.
    Yeah not worth spending like $50 usd plus shipping for that minimal of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanjupiter View Post

I'm sure in the future the awnswer to your question will be yes! Unfortunately in the present, its probably not possible. I'm right there with you man, I wish the battery could be twice as powerful and remain the same physical size too!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links