OK, if no multi-touch then implement this...

This is a discussion on OK, if no multi-touch then implement this... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I actually am not a big fan of multi-touch. In order to "pinch to zoom" you must hold the phone with one hand and use ...

Thread: OK, if no multi-touch then implement this...

OK, if no multi-touch then implement this...

I actually am not a big fan of multi-touch. In order to "pinch to zoom" you must hold the phone with one hand and use the other to make the gestures.

I have seen apps that instead use circles to zoom. You circle the area you want to zoom to...smaller circles mean more zooming...a counter-clockwise circle zooms out...clockwise zooms in.

Why is the better? I can hold my phone in my palm, and use my thumb to zoom. It lets me do everything with just one hand. There is nothing worse than having to drop everything you are holding just to look at something on your phone. I se people with iPhones all the time fumbling whatever they are holding (briefcases, folders, books, etc) just so they can look at something.

If Google won't implement the multi-touch features, why not use the circle to zoom instead... I think it is better anyway! Someone call Google!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Propietary pattents maybe?

One of the reasons I love xScope browser is it's own "pin-zoom". You tap the screen once, then immediately tap-hold again and you zoom by moving right or left. This has caused some accidental zooms, but once you're aware of how it works it gets much easier to only do it when you want it.
    Rooted Nexus One

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links