Plot against Android or just a complete moron??

This is a discussion on Plot against Android or just a complete moron?? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; From MoneyCentral on MSN. An artcle about what NOT to buy ("Like Betamax videotapes and rotary phones before them, these are the products and services ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plot against Android or just a complete moron??

Plot against Android or just a complete moron??

From MoneyCentral on MSN. An artcle about what NOT to buy ("Like Betamax videotapes and rotary phones before them, these are the products and services that soon will go the way of the dodo.")
    Obsolete consumer products: cell phones, electronics and more - MSN Money

In the past few years, several smart phones have hit the market with features similar to the iPhone and BlackBerry, but they haven't generated the same buzz.
    As a result, fewer developers are likely to create applications and other products that cater to those phones.
    ComScore found that most consumers who will be shopping for a smart phone in the next three months plan to purchase a BlackBerry (51%) or an iPhone (20%). By contrast, only 5% of respondents said they planned to purchase T-Mobile's MyTouch.
    So, I guess I was wrong and that there is no "buzz" about Android, and becuase of that no one will create apps for it. I guess all those listed in the market are fakes.

Also, it's kinda of cool this guy compares all blackberries on all carriers to one Android phone on T-mobile (who sells several other Android phones). That seems fair.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

yeah...um...i say moron.

Moron.............

I say moron ..... we can't belive everything we read.

I'm almost certain now that someone *ahem**apple**cough* has spread bad stories into the press about Nexus one. Either that or a lot of journalists have been brainwashed by their "Jesus" phone and are in denial that another phone could be better.

I'm no fan boy, I'll be the first to get something else if the specs look right. Having said this, the Nexus One is without a doubt the best phone I've ever owned (previously owned HTC hero and iPhone 3gs to name a few!) I haven't had a single problem that's been reported nor can I agree with the majority of their feedback!

Plant the seed of doubt...and it will grow. Apple knows that the N1 is a great product. They'll do anything they can to deter you from realizing the inevitable.

My vote for uber-Morons!

A lot of my mates at work knew only of Nexus One because of the bad press it has received. As soon as I knew I had one they were asking me if I had the problem with bla bla, or this issue with so and so.

I was like 'no', 'no', 'no', its fine! 2 minutes after letting them have a look they were all working out if they could afford one!

I have never had an iPhone (only iPod Touch) and have not received my N1 yet... so I think I can still be unbiased too. I read 5 zillion reviews, trying to decide whether to get an iPhone or N1. Then I read all the comments as well... I found them often more enlightening than the reviews.

One thing I noticed that Certain Sites *cough* Engadget, Wired *cough* CONSISTENTLY gave terrible reviews on the N1. Funny enough they ALL AGREED that the N1 is a FANTASTIC phone, but, then they came with their beloved iPhone (iPhone is sooo smooth, sooo sexy, sooo innovative, sooo beautiful, sooo fashionable, sooo easy to copy & paste, sooo convenient connecting to iPukes, sooo easy for your grandmother to not be confused with 3 apps open at the same time, in summary, trivial stuff).

In fact, reading the Apple fan drivels made me finally decide Nexus is the phone for me. If even the hardcore iMoan fans cannot find a single thing AGAINST it, it MUST be a great phone!

The very worst article I ever read was a 3 page review of how much better Steve Jobs presented the iDone 3 years ago as opposed to the guys presenting the N1 on the 5th... THREE PAGES of it!* Back then Steve was so elegant, eloquent, well dressed in black turtle neck, blah blah... My gracious, what a non argument!!! It's the PHONE that counts, not the Powerpoint slides!

I have not seen that type of reasoning from the ones reviewing the N1 yet who actually are neutral about it, on the whole, I find those reviews honest, unbiased and pleasant. Sure they highlight areas where Android can improve (sometimes tremendously), and I am cool with that. So... there you have it: negative press against something can have an undesirable effect too :D

* Edit: excuse me, I just found that article, it was two pages in fact: http://www.crm-daily.com/story.xhtml...d=71184&page=1 here is the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    In fact, reading the Apple fan drivels made me finally decide Nexus is the phone for me
    Nice one Sophia, unfortunately most of the people in the market for a smartphone are too small minded too see through good marketing campaigns. Oh well, if it makes them happy!

Can't say I'd ever choose a phone based on others hate towards it, but I don't think you'll regret it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links