16gb c6 microsd owners, please share your thoughts!

This is a discussion on 16gb c6 microsd owners, please share your thoughts! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; So, I've been looking around newegg/amazon for a suitable 16gb class 6 sd card for the N1...I doubt I'll ever need a 32gb so there's ...

Thread: 16gb c6 microsd owners, please share your thoughts!

16gb c6 microsd owners, please share your thoughts!

So, I've been looking around newegg/amazon for a suitable 16gb class 6 sd card for the N1...I doubt I'll ever need a 32gb so there's no sense in waiting I guess. Hands down, the most important feature for me would be reliability. I just had a Transcend 8gb class 6 fail in my Canon Xsi a couple weeks ago after using it for only 3 months. This is wholly unacceptable to me and I really don't want to go through that again with this phone.

That said, I guess my current choices are:
    $69 shipped: Newegg.com - A-DATA 16GB Micro SDHC Class 6 Flash Card with SD adaptor Model MicroSDHC CL6 16G SD ADT - Flash Memory
    $85 shipped: Newegg.com - Transcend 16GB Micro SDHC Flash Card with SD Adapter Model TS16GUSDHC6 - Flash Memory
    $66 shipped: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/DATA-microSDHC-Memory-Adapter-AUSDH16GCL6-RA1/dp/B001VLIVEE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1264015342&sr =8-2]Amazon.com: A-DATA Turbo 16 GB Class 6 microSDHC Flash Memory Card with SD Adapter AUSDH16GCL6-RA1: Electronics[/ame]
    $74 shipped: Newegg.com - OCZ 16GB Micro SDHC Flash Card w/ SD Adapter Model OCZMSDHC6-16G - Flash Memory

Obviously the price differences aren't enough to sway me towards one product here, but I gotta say that I'm VERY wary of getting another Transcend card again after my camera experience. However, I suppose if I don't hear anyone say "stay the %^*& away", I'd probably try any of these. Do any of you have a 16gb class 6 card right now? Care to share the model and your experiences thus far? Many thanks in advance!
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-SDSDQ-016G-A11M-Sandisk-16GB-Microsd/dp/B001F6YRNO"][/ame]

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've tested alot of these cards and can say IMO those class 6 cards are a waste... I currently use a 16GB card from Sandisk. Doing my own benchmarks my class 4 SD kills all those others class 6 cards.

I purchased a couple 16GB Sandisk cards off ebay about 6 months ago, yes they are legit, for $60 each.

If up to me, if I were to throw down for a good dependable card I'd most certainly get the Sandisk SDHC class 4 16GB and not waste on the others...
    Since then I've had my other Transcend & Adata class 6 cards to do benchmarks and they alway fall short of the Sandisk RW speeds and overall dependability

Where did you find the Class 4 on Amazon? I can only find Class 2, and they are about $50 themselves.

No, I found them on ebay awhile back... just be careful on ebay not to get any china fake... try to buy within the U.S. and in retail packaging

Here's 1 I just looked up on amazon... but again you can find them cheaper on ebay if you do some thorough shopping

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-microSDHC-MobileMate-SDSDQY-016G-Package/dp/B001QSZ4W4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1264024929&sr =8-2]Amazon.com: Sandisk 16GB Ultra microSDHC CLASS 4 / MobileMate micro Reader (SDSDQY-016G, Retail Package): Electronics[/ame]

Thanks for the advise Jacksonj51...I suppose I'll hold off a bit and keep an eye peeled for the sansdisk class 4.

I got a Dane Electric from Amazon back in July. I was using it in my BlackBerrry before I bought my shiny new Nexus. It is 16GB, I paid less than $40 for it. It is fine except it only shows 15.2 GB it I think it has to do with the 16000/1024 anyway, no problems with it so far, its been in my nexus since I got it.
    :nexusx:Proud new owner of Nexus One as of 1/11/10
    Unlocked Rooted
    Amon-RA recovery v1.7.0(Cyanogen Mod Version)
    Cyanogen Mod LATEST! (Beta or Stable)
    Baked In MoDaCo's Kitchen!
    NexTHEME
    Helix Launcher2
    16GB Class 6 MicroSD

Twitter @Gr8gorilla

Just got my SanDisk microSDHC 16gb card. (not sure about the classes) Now I can put all my music on my phone!!!!

Got a 16GB Sandisk, works absolutely fine, also did in my old HTC Hero. Originally bought it for a Nokia N86, it worked but it slowed down the phone so much I had to revert to a 2GB card!

I'd really like a 32gb card. I want to ditch my old 30gb zen vision:m mp3 player, but 16gb probably won't cut it, especially now that I can throw videos and stuff on it.

At the same time, 32gb cards will be super expensive for a while. I'm sure 16gb cards will drop once the 32gb are out, so might be worth waiting just for that reason.

SanDisk was sold out, the guy at Mobilezone gave me a Nokia 16Gb card,
    works fine. 70 $ approx.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links