any way to turn off mobile network?

This is a discussion on any way to turn off mobile network? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Great, thanks!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: any way to turn off mobile network?

Great, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DCF View Post
    you can also use Quick Settings; available free from the Market.
    i don't think Quick Settings work very well at all; i have been using it for the past month, yet data was being transmitted through EDGE

now i am using APNDroid and i also disabled data by pressing these in order in the default dial pad: *#*#4636#*#*, this will lead you to another screen; click on phone information, menu, more, and disable data connection on boot

hopefully this will work

DCF
    both Apndroid and Quick Setting work well for me. When I had them "on", I never accidentally connected via Edge. I had decided to use Quick Setting instead of Apndroid because that app also did other things, i.e, had a battery reading, GPS as well as Wifi toggle, flashlight, etc.

However, now I have found a problem with Quick Setting. When I want to use Edge, I cannot make a connection. I have an "E" on the notification bar indicating I have a Edge connection yet when I go to the Browser, Market, e-mail, I get an error message saying my device cannot connect. I can get an successful connection about 2 out of 10 tries. i only consistantly and sucessfully connected with Edge after i deleted Quick Setting. I re-installed it and tried it a few time with the same result (got Edge connection immediately only after I deleted the app)

I re-installed Apndroid only to find the same thing occurring with Apndroid.

I'm having issues with APNdroid and quicksettings. Even when I disable g/3g/edge/gprs I can still acess the internet and the icons show that my g/3g connection is active. I've tried disable data from the *#*#4636#*#* screen but I still get access.

Any advice?

Er, that's weird. Do you have more than one access point? Have you tried telling APNDroid not to allow MMS as well, might help.

Yeah it is totally weird I know. I did have two APN's one for MMS I think (since that's what it was called). I managed to stop data by changing the MMC number by one which made the APN actually disappear off my list.

Changing the name and site of the APN did nothing (I have no idea why). Now if I want 3g access I just refresh my APN's and can get them and when I'm done I change the MMC number again. It's a pain, but maybe someone will make an application that does it automatically.

I'm just wondering how data still gets through when data is disabled in the *#*#4635#*#* menu or the APN sites have been changed by APNdroid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links