Help on GPS Plz

This is a discussion on Help on GPS Plz within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Do I need a data plan from my carrier to have the navigation work? It seems like I can only navigate with my wifi connectin, ...

Thread: Help on GPS Plz

Help on GPS Plz

Do I need a data plan from my carrier to have the navigation work? It seems like I can only navigate with my wifi connectin, which is useless since it's a home network. I thought the N1 is a GPS system in itself. I tried following the instructions from the manual and it still doesn't work. Anyone can shed some light?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

When I use my phone as a Navi, it's always showing that I'm pulling data on the 3G symbol. If I figure this right while the N1 does have the ability to use GPS if you use Google Navigation it will need the data connection. However I suspect that if you have something like CoPilot Live where I believe the maps are stored on the SD card you won't have any problems.

This is however just a guess unless someone is going to try it.
    PDA's to Windows Mobile to Android... G1 to Cliq to Nexus One

Both CoPilot and NDrive are not cheap, $35 and $25 (for NDrive US Map).

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links