voice dialing

This is a discussion on voice dialing within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; on my current phone as with many others i can press a button on my bluetooth headset and say a name i've setup to a ...

Thread: voice dialing

voice dialing

on my current phone as with many others i can press a button on my bluetooth headset and say a name i've setup to a voice dial which then dials that number thereby removing the need to touch the phone whilst driving etc.

I've looked around but can't find any info if this is possible on the N1.

Any help appreciated.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It's a known issue on the Droid, so I am assuming it's the same on Nexus One...

It just does not work....I believe it has to do with BT Drivers...

that gives me some concern.

I assume that a bluetooth headset will work ok with the phone and it's just voice dialing that isn't activated ?

How many key presses are there then for making a call to a contact ? Currently i can press a button on my headset, say the name eg: "HOME" and it dials my home number.

Is it enough to put me off buying the phone ? possibly!

ok, so if i receive a call i can press the button on the headset and it WILL connect me to the call.........good!

I guess android is a work in progress and should be accepted as such. I'm reading on another thread that you are unable to forward an SMS etc, i take it you can copy/paste the body of text into your own sms ? Also is it possible to text to multiple recipients ?

My biggest concern is that i buy this phone and in 3 months another model comes out with android 3 on it that won't be compatible with my phone! I hope i'm right in saying that any upgrades to the OS will be backwards compatible with existing android headsets ?

Apologies for some of the daft questions but want to be sure i'm doing the righ thing here.

Cheers alphawave.........as i'm reading more i'm thinking up more questions based on my existing phone and how i use it.

Perhaps i should have just created a thread titled "acabbies burning questions" as i can see i'm wearing out my keyboard using the search function and starting new threads for each question!!!

ah well, you live'n'learn

cool........

I'm a cabbie in London so ideally i need to be hands off as much as possible.

My current phone allows me to dial by saying the name, redial by double pressing and also answer a call by a single press of the bluetooth headset.

The current lack of voice dialing i can live with as i can simply call someone when stationary but i receive calls randomly so ideally need the ability to answer the call with a simple press of a button on the bluetooth headset which you say is possible................so it's all good!!!

I'm getting ever nearer to ordering this phone!

it doesn't have voice dial at all, or just via bluetooth?

alphawave, would it be possible to check something for me please.

It's regarding the multi/bulk texting.

If composing an SMS, i assume there is a "TO" box where you would add the recipients number. On my current phone i press it once and then go into my contacts to select the number/contact i wish to send the SMS to. If i then press the "TO" again it takes me back into my contacts list thereby allowing me to add a second, 3rd, 4th recipient etc etc.

Can you check if it's possible to do this from the N1 ? If not, it's no big deal as i'll just downlaod the app you suggested.

I'm also about to place my order for the N1........i've been convinced. This is the first phone i've bought off contract, the others have all been on 12-18 months so i hope that it will give me at least 18 months of good use and not become obsolete after a year or so. Looking at how the iBore has taken off and is still going strong after 3 years or so i have a feeling that android will be around for some time to come and the N1 will have some longevity.

order placed!!!

goodbye win-mo.........hello android!

I watched reviews on youtube and It's the first phone that loads web pages faster than iPhone 3GS
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw9EbA4KnlI[/ame]

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links