New Nexus, Missing some features when compred to my Hero

This is a discussion on New Nexus, Missing some features when compred to my Hero within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have just upgraded from my 5 month old Hero to the N1.. first impressions are great, fast and responsive... just wondering if anyone can ...

Thread: New Nexus, Missing some features when compred to my Hero

New Nexus, Missing some features when compred to my Hero

I have just upgraded from my 5 month old Hero to the N1.. first impressions are great, fast and responsive... just wondering if anyone can help with the following:

[1] Contacts are all listed in a single list, on my Hero they could be viewed by their Groups on a seperate tab? Is this missing or was this a GUI feature of the HTC Hero? The app was called People? Cant find it on the N1

[2] Loading live wallpaper gives a "application stopped unexpectedly" error.. stuck with the green smoke!

[3] Unable to find the clock application that was included with the Hero? Was this specific for the Hero?

[4] Same for the Weather App (where I can specify the cities)?

Still getting used to it... so far so good...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The weather app is free on the market I think, but the clock widget included in hero is an HTC app, part of their Sense UI. Most of the functionality of contacts and 'people' are the same too, just HTC organized it differently. They usually use Sense UI to hide the ugliness of windows mobile, but added it to some of their recent android phones which seems strange to me because android is just fine without it... I did like the extra apps included in hero when i loaded it on my G1

Thats because those stuff comes with Sense UI which Nexus One did not come with. I hope we can flash the Sense UI rom onto NX1 once the HTC Bravo comes out.

sense ui is nice but i like mine clean as it is.
    I think all those will be available sooner or later on market!

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links