Nexus One's keyboard??

This is a discussion on Nexus One's keyboard?? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Maybe u can try Cyril Deguet's multi touch 'Smart Keyboard'. Can be found at android market (free)....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nexus One's keyboard??

Maybe u can try Cyril Deguet's multi touch 'Smart Keyboard'. Can be found at android market (free).

Quote Originally Posted by onenexus View Post
    Maybe u can try Cyril Deguet's multi touch 'Smart Keyboard'. Can be found at android market (free).
    Appears to be the standard key board but with MT enabled.
    ?

Fantastic!! :D

Unless I missed a setting somewhere it doesn't seem to bring up the contacts when you start writing someone in the email app TO: area. Also it doesn't seem to have any word suggestions like the standard keyboard.

Both of those work for me, so I guess one of us has done it wrong

Edit: poo, it's me. Although the smart keyboard is selected, it appears I'm still on the Android one. Oddly though, it appears to have gained multi-touch which I'm sure it didn't have earlier (hold down, say, H and hit another key, and it puts the H on the screen).

better keyboard is not working well for me using the T9 and phone pad. I used to use a htc one which was way better than this. and wheres the Flash that was promised? no sign in the market place and nothing on adobes website. Two things that can make this phone not been implemented!

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Both of those work for me, so I guess one of us has done it wrong

Edit: poo, it's me. Although the smart keyboard is selected, it appears I'm still on the Android one. Oddly though, it appears to have gained multi-touch which I'm sure it didn't have earlier (hold down, say, H and hit another key, and it puts the H on the screen).
    The definition is part of the problem...Nexus One actually DOES do multi-touch, as you point out. What those in the media 'mean' with multi-touch is specifically pinch-to-zoom, ala iPhone. Eric Tseng said there are a few apps that regularly use multi-touch, in the broader definition.
    Ah right, the thing that confused me was I tried multi though with the standard keyboard when I first powered up the Indian andI swear it didn't work

Quote Originally Posted by o2mpx View Post
    Bought the BetterKeyboard app yesterday but will try to get a refund.

I find the regular qwerty not that different from the Android built-in one. It may even have worse suggestions on words as you type.

The most disappointment is with the compact keyboard. Thinking it can be similar to the suretype on the BB Pearl, but 10 out of 10 times when words are typed, the suggestions are nonsense words. Tried settings for Local and also for English, but no improvement.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, for both keyboards, 90% of time, to get the right words, have to press the highlighted word suggestion. Rarely does it recognize it on its own.
    so... you will try to get a refund because it does not work on the nexus one? or because you just dont like it?

if it does not work please tell us all,, if you simply do not like it then thats no reason to ask for a refund.
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links