Nexus One's keyboard??

This is a discussion on Nexus One's keyboard?? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Is it possible to alter the keyboard at all? I'm coming from a Blackberry Bold but I've used an Iphone and Ipod Touch before. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nexus One's keyboard??

Nexus One's keyboard??

Is it possible to alter the keyboard at all? I'm coming from a Blackberry Bold but I've used an Iphone and Ipod Touch before. I know the keyboard will take some getting used to. But would you say it falls in line with the Iphone keyboard in terms of ease of use?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by tylawdaboss View Post
    Is it possible to alter the keyboard at all? I'm coming from a Blackberry Bold but I've used an Iphone and Ipod Touch before. I know the keyboard will take some getting used to. But would you say it falls in line with the Iphone keyboard in terms of ease of use?
    You can put the HTC Sense UI Keyboard on it.

I heard sense keyabord doesn't look so good due to resolution issue.
    BetterKeyboard, do you think it is worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    I use BetterKeyboard (small cost in the market), supposedly it mimics the iPhone kb, has a small space button instead of large, which gives other keys more room,etc.
    This is probably going to be the best solution for me. I like the keyboard on the Iphone/Ipod Touch. It's really easy to type given that it's not a QWERTY. I might look into that.

Quote Originally Posted by hawon View Post
    Very much so, it spoils you with room, skins and font packs. It' suggestion engine is more cooperative than native androids, as well. When you mistype, a simple backspace re-introduces the word selection before missed, instead of having to clear out the entire word.. useability things like that.
    Now the question is how to install this.

Very much so, it spoils you with room, skins and font packs. It' suggestion engine is more cooperative than native androids, as well. When you mistype, a simple backspace re-introduces the word selection before missed, instead of having to clear out the entire word.. useability things like that.
    Now the question is how to install this.
    Dev page: Better Android Apps

Search "Better Keyboard" in Marketplace US $2.99

Right now the Sense UI Keyboard is developed for phones with smaller screen such as 3.1'. We have to wait til the HTC Bravo comes out. It has a 3'7 screen which is the same as the NX1. Once it comes out some dev is gonna rip and fix it onto the NX1 =]

Bought the BetterKeyboard app yesterday but will try to get a refund.

I find the regular qwerty not that different from the Android built-in one. It may even have worse suggestions on words as you type.

The most disappointment is with the compact keyboard. Thinking it can be similar to the suretype on the BB Pearl, but 10 out of 10 times when words are typed, the suggestions are nonsense words. Tried settings for Local and also for English, but no improvement.

Unless I'm doing something wrong, for both keyboards, 90% of time, to get the right words, have to press the highlighted word suggestion. Rarely does it recognize it on its own.

The default keyboard is similar. There are many free skins in the market place. I currently use the iPhone skin. .. more spacing between keys.. good so far.

Do a search for Shape Writer in the android market, that is a revolutionary way to enter text, but it also has a different style keyboard as well. Very similar to the new swype beta, but thats really buggy so not worth installing unless your very tolerant, its not on the market either. You have to download it from the web, copy to sd card then install with an apk installer like AppsInstaller (available from market)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links