Phone on my PC

This is a discussion on Phone on my PC within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Is there such a thing as a virtual phone on my PC that I can exactly set up before loading the whole thing onto the ...

Thread: Phone on my PC

Phone on my PC

Is there such a thing as a virtual phone on my PC that I can exactly set up before loading the whole thing onto the real phone device?

Or alternatively, how can I link a monitor, key board and mouse to my phone and navigate with mouse and key board?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

mah
    I don't believe either of these are directly possible.

Your second option... using something on your PC to drive the phone could be possible with the right software on the phone. I'm thinking you would need a VNC server on the phone, and a VNC client on your PC for it. The client is simple, but to put a VNC server on the phone (if it's even workable) would require you to root the phone first.

I don't know if anyone has done this -- not something I've looked for, but definitely something I would remember seeing.

Admin
    The Android SDK comes with an emulator, but setting it up is not for the faint of heart.

Android SDK | Android Developers

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links