Paid stuff of the Android Store...

This is a discussion on Paid stuff of the Android Store... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; how do you get charged for the paid apps/games off the store? does it get taken off your air-time balance or do you enter credit/debit ...

Thread: Paid stuff of the Android Store...

Paid stuff of the Android Store...

how do you get charged for the paid apps/games off the store? does it get taken off your air-time balance or do you enter credit/debit card details?

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place
    M_Woody's wallpaper pack.

I am a freelance/self-employed graphics designer, please take a look at my website www.m-woody.co.nr

200th post - 6th April, 2010.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

mah
    I haven't bought anything yet, but my understanding is that you have to have a Google Checkout account assigned to your account; you get billed through that.

mah is correct, Google checkout tied to a CC or a Debit Card.

ok, thanks y'all, you might as well close this thread now
    M_Woody's wallpaper pack.

I am a freelance/self-employed graphics designer, please take a look at my website www.m-woody.co.nr

200th post - 6th April, 2010.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Just make sure your happy with your Google account name! I bought some apps with my old Google account, then set up a new account later because the account name was silly. Anyway, no way to transfer the paid apps to my new account, so if you use a custom ROM for example and go to re-download your paid apps, they wont be there, very annoying!

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy82 View Post
    Just make sure your happy with your Google account name! I bought some apps with my old Google account, then set up a new account later because the account name was silly. Anyway, no way to transfer the paid apps to my new account, so if you use a custom ROM for example and go to re-download your paid apps, they wont be there, very annoying!

I've used many custom ROMs on my Droid and had no issue of re-downloading any paid apps....

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    I've used many custom ROMs on my Droid and had no issue of re-downloading any paid apps....
    Good for you!

Maybe I did not explain myself properly or maybe I'm just in a hostile mood! In any case, the reason why when I encountered the issue when changing ROM's is because I had to re-setup my Google account on the new ROM. As I had deleted the previous Google account that I paid for the apps there was no way I could get to them.
    If I had of stayed with the same ROM that I used with the first initial Google account, the apps would have remained on the phone; even after removing that Google account and setting up a new one. The point I'm making is the apps will remain from old Google accounts if they were downloaded to the phone memory regardless of the Google account they were originally downloaded with.

By changing to a ROM that doesn't support updating and requires a wipe/reset before installing, you loose all the apps you've ever downloaded to the phone. This is not a problem for most of us, who have only ever used one Google account as we can simply re-download our past purchases from the market.

I hope this clarifies why you should be happy with your Google account name/ID before you start making purchases! Also, it must be noted that if you haven't deleted the old account you downloaded the apps with, you could actually log in to that account first, download all previously paid apps to your phone, then switch to your new account and download any paid apps from to your phone. Both sets of apps from both accounts would be retrievable (if not quite a lengthy process!).

What if you link your google accounts together? (The old one to your new account.) Will this work?
    -Phunds
    :nexusx: Nexus One owner since: January 11th, 2010
    :nexusx: Rooted! Android 2.2 FROYO CM6.1 RC

phundsblog.blogspot.com | twitter.com/phunds | facebook.com/phunds

Quote Originally Posted by phunds View Post
    What if you link your google accounts together? (The old one to your new account.) Will this work?
    How do you do that? I've always wanted to switch over to one of my other accounts with a shorter/simpler name but never knew how. I saw this info about transferring your account contents over slowly via POP mail support, I might try it out: From the Tips Box: Moisture-Proof Smartphones, Gmail Migration, and Free House Plants - Tips - Lifehacker

But an easy way to change/link account names would be awesome!
    :nexusx: A new hope. :nexusx:

I don't think you can link accounts together, but I'm not certain of this. I know android OS only allows one Google account at any time. I had to fiddle quite a bit with my Hero to remove my initial account and then sign in with my new account. As I mentioned earlier though, I was able to keep both sets of apps. However, there is a drawback, if an application requires an update, you have to be signed into the Google account you initially downloaded it with to retrieve the update.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links