WIFI vs EDGE

This is a discussion on WIFI vs EDGE within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; if I am WIFIed, i cannot connect to the google speech to text engine. Is there a setting or something i need to change? I ...

Thread: WIFI vs EDGE

WIFI vs EDGE

if I am WIFIed, i cannot connect to the google speech to text engine. Is there a setting or something i need to change? I use WIFI way more than edge.
    Thanks
    WSMCYCLE

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

mah
    I don't know what the application's network needs are, but the problem could be related to your wifi router rather than your phone. For example, when I'm at work and connected to my employer's wifi, I'm unable to use the market to download anything. From my home wifi (which does not block any outbound data -- my employer blocks outbound connections to most ports) I don't have any trouble.

when I am connected to my wifi, I can download, upload,... The only thing I can not do is "speech to TXt". when I try, I get a box which says unable to connect. Right here at my desk, i can turn off wifi and use the "mic" for txt input.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links