Car Charger Question..

This is a discussion on Car Charger Question.. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; i have a car charger for the motorola cliq/droid and was wondering if it would work with the nexus one without damaging the phone.. its ...

Thread: Car Charger Question..

Car Charger Question..

i have a car charger for the motorola cliq/droid and was wondering if it would work with the nexus one without damaging the phone.. its micro usb and both phone batteries are 3.7v but mAh is different.. thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've been using the one from my Storm....Never even looked at the spec's for it...

I don't know if this applies but I have a Griffin car charger that you can just plug in the USB end of the cable that came w/the iPhone and charge away. It also came w/a cable so you don't have to use the iPhone one. I started using the USB cable that came w/the N1 and it works wonderfully! Again, I don't know if this bears any weight in your quest for information, but I thought I would throw it in.

Oh, and by works wonderfully, I mean charges my N1 wonderfully.

Mains is 1000mA, USB is 480mA

The higher the mA, the faster it will charge... what is the mA of your car charger?

theres no label on the car charger but its the one that came with my motorola cliq.. all of the output specs are the same cept for the cliq has 5.1v -- 850mA compared to the nexus 5.0v -- 1000mA. is this too much of a difference?

Can't see the 0.1v making a difference... it'll charge faster than USB but slower than mains.

MicroUSB @ 5v 1A is now the industry standard for mobile phone (and probably mobile anything) charging.

mah
    These devices are both chargable over USB, which means they work fine with 5V. Shouldn't be any problem using any other 5V source.

Wow, thanks for answering my question without even having to ask it. This was so easy to find.

I actually tried my friend's LG charger (for the enV3?) and it plugged right in to my Cliq and Nexus, but I was worried about the current being different. I knew USB is standard, and it's good to know that this will work just fine too.

It'llbe fine, I'm an electro-mechanical engineer if that helps you trust my judgement!

they're right, but quick note: It can draw 1A if you're using the phone at all in the car. If you're using the phone and only have it hooked up to a charger that puts out 500mA, then the phone won't charge (but won't drain); that's just about exactly how much power it uses (at least for me...).

I have a charger that gives me 500mA, and I use my N1 in the car for nav, calls, and music, and the battery always remains at the same level. I'm going to upgrade to a 1A charger. N1 spec page says it takes 1A (or 980mA or so).

Like the smart boys said, it just pulls as much current as it can, or as it needs.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links