Squaretrade Insurance

This is a discussion on Squaretrade Insurance within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I just purchased insurance for my Nexus One through Squaretrade and have to say that they beat the other options hands down. I paid $144.00 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Squaretrade Insurance

Squaretrade Insurance

I just purchased insurance for my Nexus One through Squaretrade and have to say that they beat the other options hands down.

I paid $144.00 for two years coverage which covers the FULL cost of the Nexus One ($599.00 coverage)

The following is covered:
    • 2 years of coverage (or more) The SquareTrade Cell Phone warranty covers your Cell Phone for 2 years or more, starting on the date of phone purchase. All cell phones except iPhones (for which we have a special plan) are covered for the replacement cost of the phone, up to a maximum of the amount selected, or the price you paid which is listed on your item receipt, whichever is less.
    • Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) Most Cell Phone failures reported to SquareTrade are caused by accidents. The SquareTrade Cell Phone warranty protects against drops, spills, and other accidents!
      • Deductible: There is a $50 deductible when claiming on an accidentally damaged item (e.g. drops, spills). If your issue falls under the standard warranty terms (i.e., a mechanical or electrical failure), no deductible applies.
      • Exclusions: There is a 30-day exclusion window after you first purchase your item. ADH does not include loss, willful damage or damage occurring through gross misuse of the item. The damage must have occurred unintentionally while the item was being used as intended.
      • No Coverage from Loss: There is no coverage against lost or stolen phones. You can always cancel your warranty and receive a refund if that happens.

• Extended coverage of the manufacturer's warranty The SquareTrade warranty also extends the same coverage as the manufacturer's warranty. This covers all mechanical and electrical problems that arise out of normal use. This includes most hardware failures and power/charging failures.
      • No deductible: If your phone fails because of a manufacturer defect, there is NO deductible to claim.
      • During the manufacturer warranty: If your phone fails while still under the manufacturer’s coverage, SquareTrade will refer you to the manufacturer first for issues covered by the manufacturer warranty. This allows you to preserve the full value of your SquareTrade warranty, instead of using it up on issues covered by the manufacturer.

They guarantee a five day turnaround on claims, and the only thing not covered is if the phone is lost or stolen, but they do offer to allow you to cancel the insurance and receive money back on a prorated amount.

Anyways, wanted to post this to help out those who were still shopping for insurance.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Bumping so new users can see an alternative to Asurian's insurance.

*Admin, if this is wrong, please delete

Purchased for N1 on AT&T

Just wanted to bump this thread for anyone looking at the AT&T version. They currently have a %20 off sale for the Nexus 1.

With the ADH (accidental Coverage) I paid $115 for 2 years.

The coverage is for $529 (cost of the unsubsidized phone)

Hmm...this is good to know. I was planning on getting Asurion because I thought it was one of the only options. Seems like a good policy.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

is there any insurance that cover loss? do you guys know if verizons phone insurance covers loss?

also, would rooting your phone void the square trade insurance?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyc418 View Post
    also, would rooting your phone void the square trade insurance?
    This is very good question. I plan on rooting my phone, so I'll do a little more investigating.

please report back when you find out :]

If it does not cover loss then its pointless for me. My phone will be in a heavy protected case (once otterbox make one) all the time, thus damage is unlikely. Its more likely to be lost or stolen.

for anyone who was wondering, i called squaretrade and asked them if jailbreaking your iphone will void your warranty. they said yes, so i imagine that rooting your N1 will also void the warranty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links