mobile TV on Nexus One

This is a discussion on mobile TV on Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; The snapdragon chipset for the Nexus One claims support for mobile broadcast TV - ( MediaFLO™ , DVB-H and ISDB-T), but I have not seen ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mobile TV on Nexus One

Thumbs up mobile TV on Nexus One

The snapdragon chipset for the Nexus One claims support for mobile broadcast TV - (MediaFLO™, DVB-H and ISDB-T), but I have not seen anything regarding mobile TV in the specs for the phone.

My questions are:

1. Does the phone support mobile TV?
    2. If not, what is required to implement this feature?
    -Is it a hardware solution?
    -Is it just a case of loading some software which will make use of the native DVB-H support of the CPU?

Thank you

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Good question. I too would like to know.

Yes if a app is developed mobile TV will work just fine. As far as carriers, only sprint At&t verizon offer mobile TV apps. Since this phone was not released by a carrier you want see it by default installed on a phone. A app will have to be developed. Until then you have Orb live app which will allow you to stream TV from a tv tuner installed on your computer. Later you will have flash implemented which will enable you to watch embedded flash on some sites.

Member im a android but thats ok's Avatar
    funny i asked this on another thread. currently have a lg voyager with an antenna and was wondering if the next generation will allow for a greater signal strength without it.

What do u mean mobile tv? Cbs has a great free app in themarket that streams some full shows... tv.com
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by Fuse View Post
    What do u mean mobile tv? Cbs has a great free app in themarket that streams some full shows... tv.com
    There talkeing about a mobile TV app that plays like at least 13 network channels. Like the apps that you get when you buy a phone from a carrier..Mobi TV "Sprint" , Mobile TV "Verizon" "AT&T"

i'm from singapore and my local mobile provider starhub has this apps call starhub mobile tv.. it works great on my nexus.. very very smooth.. no lag at all...

so its proven that nexus one can play fast smooth streaming video.. but it all depend on how good ur 3gnetwork and the app

-Is it just a case of loading some software which will make use of the native DVB-H support of the CPU?
    It doesn't support DVB-H (but then I'm not aware of any current DVB-H broadcasts anyway). To add such support would require a tuner and it's unlikely that a phone developed in the US as this phone is would support DVB out of the box.

The CPU support is probably just talking about support for the native transport streams from the tuner, which is mpeg4+some DVB specific stuff.

As other posters have noted you can stream some TV over 3G in many countries.

Member im a android but thats ok's Avatar
    for those of us with dumb phones vcast carries flo tv for 10 bucks a month which is what i think the op was refering to. i also have this, is not app based but a standard feature that can be utilized or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links