Google Voice Voicemail vs T-Mobile Visual Voicemail

This is a discussion on Google Voice Voicemail vs T-Mobile Visual Voicemail within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Because although there are issues i love being able to take my number anywhere. I dont have to worry about porting my number if i ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google Voice Voicemail vs T-Mobile Visual Voicemail

Because although there are issues i love being able to take my number anywhere. I dont have to worry about porting my number if i change cellphone carriers. Also i can block certain people, have 5 phones ring at one time, and all other type of cool features that only google voice can do for FREE.

5 phones ring @ once? Wow, maybe I need to look into this a bit more carefully? I mean, maybe a new phone number wouldn't be so bad after all? And in porting's defense, it's not that bad. Although, I am having an issue right now w/a port of my wife's cell phone number to our home number. I guess that wouldn't be an issue if I just went w/a Google number?

I think GoogleVoice is probably better than Visual Voicemail. Its nice to see the calls directly on the VisualVoicemail, but it doesn't work well for me. The voicemails don't show up instantly even with manual syncing. When I try to delete a message on the app, it will SAVE the message on my voicemail.... Even after listening to all messages, it will still show the NEW VOICEMAIL icon in my notification bar, so i have to call my voicemail, and re-delete all my messages just to make the damn notification go away.

I would like to use my GV number more, but having calls go through multiple numbers is wayyyy to much work for something as simple as a phonecall. X_X
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

NeonMonster, you bring up a good point. Not only does T-Mobile VM not work on WiFi, but you always get the normal voicemail notification first, then the visual vm notification, then the normal vm notification goes away. But sometimes it gets messed up, and just doesn't sync with the visual vm.

I guess I'm going to try GV VM for a while, see what happens with battery life, and how responsive it is in poor data areas...

Polbit

Ok, another problem with current GV on N1 - no push notification for voicemail. It seams that if I have it send me an SMS or email with a notification, then the GV notifies me as well. So, I get two notifications, but right away. If I turn off notification by SMS and email, then the GV inbox is polled based on the selected time period. By default it is 15 minutes, but even at 5 minutes, it's not acceptable for voicemail.

So, is there any way to set GV to push the voicemail notification?

Polbit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links