Why no Voice dialing

This is a discussion on Why no Voice dialing within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Give it time, that is what upgrades are for...Took Apple years to get it right and still has issues....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why no Voice dialing

T&C
    Give it time, that is what upgrades are for...Took Apple years to get it right and still has issues.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Partial success, I'll be damned! Firstly, no voice dial accomplished yet, but all other hands-free functions work: call answer, hold, hangup, and call back/redial. I'm using a Jabra BT3030 (Dogtag stereo, my own earbuds). Surprised, I did a googsearch and found the HFP is indeed in the spec:
    Nexus One Specifications - T-Mobile Community
    (scroll down to bluetooth). I'm thinking the voice dialing IS supported, but we've just discovered a new bug!

Has anyone else gotten VD to work, and what BT unit are you using (model and revision, please)?

A bit of BT/HSP/HFP info:
    Bluetooth profile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Click the link in my post (a couple up). The problem is well-known. Please "star" the issue to give it more priority.

Voice dialing does kinda sorta work on my Nexus One with a Plantronics 975 BT headset. By that, I mean, I can get it to request a name, but it is only about 10% accurate in picking the correct contact.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links