Why no Voice dialing

This is a discussion on Why no Voice dialing within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I was trying to talk myself into buying the Nexus one, but with all the research that I've done on this phone I find out ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why no Voice dialing

Angry Why no Voice dialing

I was trying to talk myself into buying the Nexus one, but with all the research that I've done on this phone I find out that theres no voice dialing This has got to be the stupidest thing that not only Android and Windows 6.5 have done,is to leave out voice dialing. Have had bluetooth since it came out and for the past six years bluetooth 2.1 and the software before that one you could voice dial not only the number but by name that was in your contact list. Bluetooth was invented to be HANDS FREE. Not sure why these engineers left that part out of the phone. I travel most of the 48 states and theres already three states that make it illeagal to operate a vehicle while using a cell phone and that doesn't included about 20 major cities that also make it illegagle,not unless you have a hands free device. Doesn't do any good if you want to call a number thats not in your call list and have to pick up your phone to dial it. Thats not what I call hands free. This should be a priority safety issue with the design of the phones. Again the technology has been there for years, why leave it out. I just returned a HTC Imagio phone due to that missing feature, and will not by any phone that doesn't have it

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

It is VERY suspicious. It actually IS available, but turned off. Either Google did it on purpose so they could release it as a firmware "feature" later (I doubt it), or there's a potential flaw/vulnerability that could open up the phone to maliciousness.

It is the biggest flaw (though Google Code for Android would have you believe that no Arabic support is the biggest...).

Twitter
    jaymcc820
    Strange.... I found a Voice Dial app on my phone, give my bluetooth button a long press and it starts right up. I work as a delivery driver and have to constantly call customers as part of the job. Is there a way to get a screenshot of the desktop? I'll gladly provide some if there's a way to do it.

Your phone is... Nokia? Sony? um...

And what bluetooth headset do you have? BlueAnt?

Twitter
    jaymcc820
    My phone is a nexus one... BT is one of the lower end Jabra models.

My phone is nexus one and has voice dial

The Nexus One does has a Voice Dial app built-in.... Seems BT devices can activate that app as said above - I do not use one so cannot confirm the interaction.

Well, I'm not sure how you've figured it out. Almost 2000 people are anxiously waiting for a response from Google on the Google Code site for Android as to why bluetooth dialing is not yet working.

Open Android Issues

I have three bluetooth headsets, none of which can trigger voice dialing. Please look up your settings and post anything here!!!

I'll be happy as a clam when this is resolved!

Quote Originally Posted by JayMcC820 View Post
    Strange.... I found a Voice Dial app on my phone, give my bluetooth button a long press and it starts right up. I work as a delivery driver and have to constantly call customers as part of the job. Is there a way to get a screenshot of the desktop? I'll gladly provide some if there's a way to do it.
    Just list the steps you go through to make it work, if you don't mind.

Voice dialing is available through the phone itself, but it DOES NOT work through bluetooth....it really is ridiculous...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links