YOUR VOTE COUNTS - Nexus One Trackball Colour

This is a discussion on YOUR VOTE COUNTS - Nexus One Trackball Colour within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; The Nexus One has two multi-colour lights. The main LED at the top, and the trackball. For some reason, Google have chosen to keep the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YOUR VOTE COUNTS - Nexus One Trackball Colour

YOUR VOTE COUNTS - Nexus One Trackball Colour

The Nexus One has two multi-colour lights. The main LED at the top, and the trackball. For some reason, Google have chosen to keep the main LED for use only by Android, and they've nerfed the trackball LED so that it can only flash in one colour (white) at one flashing rate (slow).

Most other Android phones have this ability (one or more multi-colour lights) and many popular apps already take advantage of it (e.g. Missed Call, Handcent, etc) allowing you to use a different colour for different notifications. So it seems like a step backwards.

We know the hardware can do it, as it's possible to change the trackball colour through ADB on a rooted Nexus One. All that needs to done is for Google to make a small change to Android so that when third-party apps (they're the ones YOU use) tries to change the colour, it actually changes.

If you would like your apps to be able to change the colour of the trackball light, please go to...

http://code.google.com/p/android/iss...ummary%20Stars

...and click the Star icon. You may need to sign in with your Google account. You do not need to comment, just clicking the Star icon gives Google your vote. The more stars an issue has, the higher the priority Google will give it.

Please note: this post has been copied from the android community forums website. I believe it should be advertised on as many android/nexus one forums as possible!

[EDIT] Sorry about the previous dead link, now working fine!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The trackball is multicolored and supports red, white and blue (green) by default.
    There are apps (root) which use every color from pink to yellow.. etc

Oh, and check this: http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...rack-ball.html

btw your link fails
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

That link is down, can you re post?

The link failed

They said before the phone was even released that it would have mutlicolors on the ball. Maybe they will add it on a later update, i would like for it to blink at a faster rate, or allow us to also use the led at the top of the phone.

Bump, please star this issue if you haven't already! Remember they prioritise it due to the number of stars it has, they're not interested in your comments!

Ahhhhhh!

I knew that the ball flashes blue with bluetooth, but I don't have blue tooth! I've never seen it flash any other colors, and i didn't know other colors were SUPPORTED. D: Ahhhh thats one of the biggest things I've missed from my olddd sidekick! Ahhh. Definitely going to star it.... If its not released soon, that seriously would would be a big enough reason for me to root my nexus. o_o
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Guy
    I don't really understand why this is an issue, correct me if I am wrong but didn't they state during the press conference that they were going to add/fix this issue?
    Follow me at @Burlyskink
    Want a Lockerz invite? PM me

Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    I don't really understand why this is an issue, correct me if I am wrong but didn't they state during the press conference that they were going to add/fix this issue?
    Because, with other issues on the Nexus having a color trackball isn't going to be priority most likely.

But the phone has the RGB trackball which is capable of like 6 colors, and the LED at the top can flash 4 different different colors..... On XDA, they already have a small app for rooted users to control the led lights.

I rather wait for a official update so the colors work with all notifications. I MISS being able to know between missed calls/email/text without turning on the phone. While google said they will be getting around to making it available, its more of the fact that its included on the phones hardware but not usable.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links