How to switch to silent mode+vibration

This is a discussion on How to switch to silent mode+vibration within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; When tap the power button and turn off the sound the phone doesn't vibrate. When I go to the settings and click on silent mode ...

Thread: How to switch to silent mode+vibration

How to switch to silent mode+vibration

When tap the power button and turn off the sound the phone doesn't vibrate. When I go to the settings and click on silent mode it vibrates but it takes more time to do it. Is there any way to be able to switch to silent mode with vibration more easily and faster

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Interesting issue. Now that I think of it, I've always switched to silent mode from the unlock screen that you refer to when you press the power button.

That part that made this interesting to me, because the other day I saw a new symbol in the status bar and I couldn't work out what it was so I googled it and it said it was the vibration mode symbol to show vibration was enabled. Anyway, after switching silent mode off, the symbol disappeared. However!, when I switch to silent mode now, the vibration symbol does not re-appear...... bug???!?

If you reduce the ringer volume all the way down it switches to silent mode. 1 press before that its silent + vibration mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    If you reduce the ringer volume all the way down it switches to silent mode. 1 press before that its silent + vibration mode.
    wow, that was an easy fix

Hey, I had this problem as well, and there is a great App that can fix it. It is called "Vibrate mode by force" and it lets you set the phone to "Never Silent" or "Never Ring." With never silent, when you "Silence" the phone on that lock screen, it goes into vibrate mode. To switch out of Vibrate mode, just press the volume control on the side of the phone.

Also, if you ever do need to silence the phone, such as at a movie theater, just go into the app and uncheck "Never Silent". I hope you find this app as helpful as I have.

I use the silent widget from Beautiful Widgets. It's the only app I've bought, but I love the home widget.
    Using the lock screen isn't an option for me since I use the passcode (if I didn't, I know a few people who would kindly enable it with a combination i don't know). The widget does what I want it to do. Unfortunately, using the vibrate widget just confuses things, so I stick with silent.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links