Can I have a Nexone one On AT&T?

This is a discussion on Can I have a Nexone one On AT&T? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I have an iphone 3GS jailbroken and im getting rid of it for a new phone but the problem is im a AT&T member ... ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can I have a Nexone one On AT&T?

Can I have a Nexone one On AT&T?

I have an iphone 3GS jailbroken and im getting rid of it for a new phone but the problem is im a AT&T member ... is there a way to jailbreak or whatever to get the Nexus One?

EDIT::::: I SPelled the phone Wrong and i am embarassed that i have i wasnt looking when i typedit i just let my figners type before i aknowladged what i wrote

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

The Nexus will work on AT&T's network, but only on EDGE. The 3G frequencies are not accessible on the the N1. This does not seem to be a huge issue for those that are using it that way.

I suggest you read about any peice of technology before dropping money on it. This question is answered before price is discussed in every review or stat sheet.
    Ill give you an answer, but please don't even think about buying this before reading SOMETHING on this phone.

Its GSM, so you can drop your att sim in and it'll work right away, but there is no 3G.
    Rooted Nexus One

That i will do .. im always a very detailed person.. ive spent the past 3 hours researching phones .. ive checked up the LG Expo.. HTC til2 ive looked up samsung beholds... watched Youtube videos of the phones reviews..

That sucks with the no 3G but id only hope for anybody who has this phone for another carrier.. ( im sure im not the only one) .. id expect eventually itd be a solved problem..

and the price isnt a cocnern to me.. i was going to buy a toshiba laptop that was 490 dollars shipped but tonight i rejailbroke my iphone and its not the same as it used to be and i figured get the phone over the laptop

Actually i can get it for 279 because my wife is eligable for an upgrade on her tmobile plan .. but im able 2 just buy the phone no issues correct?

I bought it outright for full price and currently use it on att. I never had 3g, but still love it on edge.

The 3g issue cannot be 'fixed' persay, as it is an issue with the hardware radio - not a software issue. In the future an 'att' version supporting its 3g bands may be released, but so far there is no word on that.
    Rooted Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by vze4yrte View Post
    but tonight i rejailbroke my iphone and its not the same as it used to be and i figured get the phone over the laptop
    ?? You can restore you iPhone by clicking the restore button in iTunes

Quote Originally Posted by Discman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vze4yrte View Post
    but tonight i rejailbroke my iphone and its not the same as it used to be and i figured get the phone over the laptop
    ?? You can restore you iPhone by clicking the restore button in iTunes
    Yeah I restored it and rejailbroke it but I'm sick of the whole iPhone jailbreak phase.. it's dieing out and I'm tired of apple products I want something new and I love google I've seen the documentary last week about google and there phone and company and it's very much intrested me .. so well see what happens

Yes, I currently have AT&T service and a Nexus One, obviously with Edge data when I'm away from home or not near a WiFi connection.

Just buy the unlocked version,it's the best decision and let's you to choose what carrier you want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links