Buying this phone on 1st roll out is stupid

This is a discussion on Buying this phone on 1st roll out is stupid within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by alphawave7 I had this one, and it was first-rate! I had this one too...it was an UPGRADE from my first bag phone, ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Buying this phone on 1st roll out is stupid

An older person's take

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    I had this one, and it was first-rate!

I had this one too...it was an UPGRADE from my first bag phone, which was easily 3 times bigger/heavier than this one!
    I had the above phone when they first came out and it was the best thing since sliced bread. These younger whipper-snappers just want the latest and greatest without any fuss. I'm waiting until N1 arrives at Verizon and then my Droid get adopted by my wife. I got the Droid on opening day and went through all the little problems it had but it is the best phone I have used so far.......and I have used 4 different Blackberries, the iPhone and a Palm. All those phones in less than 6 years. A particular phone will be obsolete practically the day it becomes available. Find the phone that does the most you want at this particular time and when a better one comes out, buy it (if you can afford to). Waiting a year for something made yesterday is like buying unripe fruit and waiting a year to eat it. May not be perfect right now but it will not have the right taste later , no matter how you eat it.

My first phone: Sony CM-DX 1000 - Full phone specifications

Heaven sent, only problem was people started cursing at you in the street when you used it openly... telling you only a MORON and SHOWOFF would use something like that in public. Managed never to get beaten up... and those are the same people nursing their iPhone now and yelling in it whether it should grab the green or red peanut butter jar in the supermarket. Ah... times change... for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Stillooking View Post
    I had the above phone when they first came out and it was the best thing since sliced bread. These younger whipper-snappers just want the latest and greatest without any fuss. I'm waiting until N1 arrives at Verizon and then my Droid get adopted by my wife. I got the Droid on opening day and went through all the little problems it had but it is the best phone I have used so far.......and I have used 4 different Blackberries, the iPhone and a Palm. All those phones in less than 6 years. A particular phone will be obsolete practically the day it becomes available. Find the phone that does the most you want at this particular time and when a better one comes out, buy it (if you can afford to). Waiting a year for something made yesterday is like buying unripe fruit and waiting a year to eat it. May not be perfect right now but it will not have the right taste later , no matter how you eat it.
    SO true! Droid is nothing to sniff at, either...Motorola did a fine job on it, and I was seriously considering it, until the gossip emerged about the N1...then I set the Droid on the burner until N1's specs emerged. As soon as I 'heard'(tweets) the /phone site was active, I reached for the credit card. No regrets, even paying full price. Keep following here, and I'm sure you'll get a realistic picture of how it's first major update goes.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    I had this one, and it was first-rate!

I had this one too...it was an UPGRADE from my first bag phone, which was easily 3 times bigger/heavier than this one!
    OH MAN. That phone didn't have that horrible rattling or the pink dot on the camera, BUT THE TEXTING WAS HORRIBLE. Was the first generation as bad as the nexus?
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonster View Post
    OH MAN. That phone didn't have that horrible rattling or the pink dot on the camera, BUT THE TEXTING WAS HORRIBLE. Was the first generation as bad as the nexus?
    Texting hadn't been invented yet. The ONLY thing the bag phones had over the N1 is ring volume...you could literally hear the thing ring a block away! /no kidding. But then again, I guess I could harp on the N1 and say, 'it doesn't ring as loud as the phone I had 22 years ago!' :rofl3:

Is it still available? I'm convinced......... I don't want to be an early adopter no more and that one seems like it's well and truly proven.. It's not too late to change my mind yet! :rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
    Is it still available? I'm convinced......... I don't want to be an early adopter no more and that one seems like it's well and truly proven.. It's not too late to change my mind yet! :rofl3:
    Ummm..I still have the small bag phone! I make you best price! :rofl3:

Ok, we've had some fun here, but this thread has run its course. We're done here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links