WARNING: Taskiller & Alarms!

This is a discussion on WARNING: Taskiller & Alarms! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Found out this morning that if you run the 'kill all' switch in the Taskiller app and you have a clock widget, its very likely ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WARNING: Taskiller & Alarms!

Exclamation WARNING: Taskiller & Alarms!

Found out this morning that if you run the 'kill all' switch in the Taskiller app and you have a clock widget, its very likely that your alarms will not sound!

To prevent this, just go into the Alarm settings after running the 'kill all' switch from the Taskiller app. This restarts the background application which runs the alarm system.

Its annoying because it shows all the alarms active as normal, its only when you wake up late like I did this morning that you realise there has been an issue! Found out by reading around other forums after experiencing the problem!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You really don't need a task killer anyway, the OS knows what it's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post

+1

Task killers are good for rouge apps and such but not needed all the time.
    This is Android...Not WinMo or BB. Habits are hard to break but this is a good one to break.

Im surprised some of you dont notice the obvious slow down when multiple apps overwhelm the resources on the device. There is absolutely ZERO doubt in my mind that the OS does NOT know when the performance of the UI has degraded as there are always more apps running in the background than there should be.

Taskiller is essential to helping you take control of UI experience. If you don't use it, over time your apps will load slowly and traversing through your phone will slow to a crawl.

How can you not notice this?

I love my phone and I love android, but don't ignore the obvious guys, come on!

"Kill All" is not even nessacery.

Add clock to the ignore list. Then kill all.

so thats y i was almost late last week....was wondering why the alarm didn't sound although it looks like the alarm is active... thanks for the info...

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    Considering we are not using all 512 RAM at the moment You still need a task killing software ive dropped to 35 RAM and killing process is required,...especially when playing games.

Sure excluding some processes to not close is required but its more familiarizing yourself on what you want to exclude from closing.

So much better than restarting or going into "programs" in settings and freeing up cache manually.

Things will change when we get all of our RAM back

Also the OS dosnt know what to close it knows what system task/processes are vital so even when using a task killing software and you close everything, vital processes will start back up

Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by jay View Post
    Im surprised some of you dont notice the obvious slow down when multiple apps overwhelm the resources on the device. There is absolutely ZERO doubt in my mind that the OS does NOT know when the performance of the UI has degraded as there are always more apps running in the background than there should be.

Taskiller is essential to helping you take control of UI experience. If you don't use it, over time your apps will load slowly and traversing through your phone will slow to a crawl.

How can you not notice this?

I love my phone and I love android, but don't ignore the obvious guys, come on!
    This is not true, I for one do not notice it because it does not happen. Android will kill apps itself when it needs the resources. An app does not consume more resources if it is not in the foreground, unless it is a service. Therefore, the only way you should really be able to notice this is if you have a crap ton of services running. Taskiller is not essential I don't use it and my phone is just as fast as it was when I got it.
    Follow me at @Burlyskink
    Want a Lockerz invite? PM me

So does having multiple apps constantly running drain the battery? I always use task killer, but that's because I always assume it helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links