New to the Nexus, google fanboys unite!

This is a discussion on New to the Nexus, google fanboys unite! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey there, So my nexus one has been ordered and is expected to arrive tomorrow morning and I couldn't be more excited! I bought an ...

Thread: New to the Nexus, google fanboys unite!

New to the Nexus, google fanboys unite!

Hey there,
    So my nexus one has been ordered and is expected to arrive tomorrow morning and I couldn't be more excited! I bought an unlocked version for use with AT&T. I've been using an iPhone since day one and just decided to try something new.
    So what I'm asking from you more experienced Nexus users is:
    -Are there any killer applications that I should look for?
    -Accessories that will make life easier?
    -How is the keyboard's usability? I've searched up and down for the answer to that but no luck so far)
    -Would you guys recommend rooting it? What does it offer? I know I can enable multitouch and all but are there other perks?

Thanks, fellow Google fanboys

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Twitter
    jaymcc820
    I'm only on day four of using my new Nexus One, but as a former iPhone user... I love it. I love the fact that you can change the background without jailbreaking, it's already unlocked, and for the most part the UI is very intuitive. Not to mention the Haptic feedback is very nice. Texting/typing is very cool, and the voice to text translation takes a little getting used to, but infinitely useful.

Quote Originally Posted by JayMcC820 View Post
    I'm only on day four of using my new Nexus One, but as a former iPhone user... I love it. I love the fact that you can change the background without jailbreaking, it's already unlocked, and for the most part the UI is very intuitive. Not to mention the Haptic feedback is very nice. Texting/typing is very cool, and the voice to text translation takes a little getting used to, but infinitely useful.
    Alright thats good to hear! Truth be told I had no idea it had haptic until you mentioned it =p
    Is the keyboard as responsive as the iPhone's?
    and since you used to have an iPhone how would you compare the Nexus One's battery life?

Twitter
    jaymcc820
    The keyboard takes some getting used to, coming from an iPhone. It's by no means bad, though The battery life is fairly similar, though standby time on the N1 seems a bit shorter. Depending on if you have wifi, gps, push and bluetooth enabled or disabled.. or switch back and forth a lot, your mileage may vary.

alright great, I'm on AT&t so I'll be bound to Edge only which should give a good boost of battery

mah
    I have no iPhone experience, but once in a great while I use my wife's iTouch. I've got a lot more keyboard time on my N1 than on her iTouch, but her device is easier for me to type on

Other than that, I love the N1. It's got a few warts, but I believe these will be worked out in updates.

Welcome!

im getting a nexus in a couple of days.. how much did you pay for your nexus

EDIT: i have an Jailbroken Iphone and im tired of it ive had it a year and change and its not the same anymore.. every1 has one and its the same phone as it was originally 4 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by vze4yrte View Post
    im getting a nexus in a couple of days.. how much did you pay for your nexus

EDIT: i have an Jailbroken Iphone and im tired of it ive had it a year and change and its not the same anymore.. every1 has one and its the same phone as it was originally 4 years ago
    I paid $560 for mine altogether (shipping+ handling) it seems like alot but I sold my 3gs for $900 so it was no skin off my back.

And yes I've been an avid jailbreaker (even wrote a few apps myself for cydia) and the problem with it now is it used to be only the elite would JB, for good reasons. Now everyone and their grandmother jailbreaks for mother f###### springboard. Ahhhh the days when there was no app-store

T&C
    I am a 3rd generation iPhone user...there is a big learning curve and not a lot of help out there other then searching.

I was ready to turn the phone back the 1st week but know week 3 love it.

The battery life sucks, but like the speed of 3g on Tmobile, Free GPS very cool, still working on apps but there are some cool ones out there.

There is a post of top #10 apps here on this forum, I picked up some good one there.

It was a wash, bought N.one for $550, sold 32G white iPhone for $550.

Only draw back I see is you cant just go and buy things retail for upgrades.

Everything is on line as it rolls out and Google and Tmobile and ATT stores are useless for help, product and or direction.

i went and collected it today from the local DHL office......have spent the day messing with it and to say i love it is an understatement of monolithic proportions!

Having come from an 18 month winmo phone i'm amazed at the speed it operates at, the ease of accessing the app store and how the apps install faultlessly. The scrolling is a dream and everything is logical in it's implementation.

Perhaps those that have come from the iPhone are used to the above but having been a winmo user since 2002 this is a revelation!

Well done google and HTC and i look forwards to more apps and more software updates.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links