GPS no voice navigation

This is a discussion on GPS no voice navigation within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Yesterday I tried my GPS, it works except there is no voice. The sound was on. Any ideas?...

Thread: GPS no voice navigation

GPS no voice navigation

Yesterday I tried my GPS, it works except there is no voice. The sound was on. Any ideas?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You have to be more specific.
    What GPS are you using, Google NAV or a stand alone software like Ndrive IGO...ect?

mah
    I've used the Google Nav and voice does work for me. I may have had to install an optional voice library -- I did so, but I can't recall if it was for Google Nav or some other purpose, but what I have shows up as "TTS Service Extended".

On this topic though... the Google Nav voice is hideous! I wonder if there are better sounding voice replacements available.

Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    I've used the Google Nav and voice does work for me. I may have had to install an optional voice library -- I did so, but I can't recall if it was for Google Nav or some other purpose, but what I have shows up as "TTS Service Extended".

On this topic though... the Google Nav voice is hideous! I wonder if there are better sounding voice replacements available.
    you said this... "I may have had to install an optional voice library"

if your not really sure if you HAD to install an optional voice library,,, what caused you to RANDOMLY install a voice library in the first place.

i mean... you make it sound like you did for sure install an additional voice library but your really not sure if you did it for the google navigation...

so if your not sure if you did it for the google navigation app, what are you SURE that you did it for? what app?
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

mah
    That's the point -- I don't recall if the app that prompted its installation was Google Nav or something else. I've installed many apps, and uninstalled many (minus some) apps. I'm not certain that it was Google Nav that wanted this, and since Google Nav comes pre-installed I'd be surprised if the voices weren't, however I haven't (to my recollection) installed any other app that would benefit from voice or text-to-speech.

ok, my bad.

i too would like to know if the google nav has "different" voices to choose from
    JDEPRODUCTIONS.COM - AN ONGOING COLLECTION OF EVERYTHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM BEING A PRODUCTIVE MEMBER OF SOCIETY

Just to be on the same page here... you might want to start from the beginning with us.

When you say "GPS doesn't work", I'm thinking there are two places.

You are already mentioning that you are using the stock Google Maps app. Now the question I want to ask is, when you say there's no voice, are you looking at Google MAPS (just the map, with the GPS dot on the map showing you), or Google MAPS NAVIGATION (which is a separate app within Google MAPS)?

It may seem like an obvious question but I had a friend the other day complaining her turn by turn doesnt work when it turned out that she was using the DIRECTIONS generated by Google Maps (not Google Maps Navigation).

I open the car home app, click on navigation, enter the address and then it shows me the direction and where to turn right, but it doesn't talk

Make sure it isn't on mute. You can find this by going into Google Maps, go into the settings menu in the navigation part of google maps and there should be mute/unmute

Its probably not available for your area yet. I live in australia, and have tried to figure out the nav app, and just flashed a message on my screen now saying not available for me in my country.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links